hemp seed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Cactus Ed, Jun 28, 2018.

1. My wife is into CBD oil. Personally I don't get it, I feel nothing from it but since she's convinced it's helping her who am I to argue? The problem is that it's so expensive, oil made from Charlotte's Web cost $150 for 30cc, about an ounce, and it's diluted probably 10:1 with olive oil. Since I've grown my own weed for 40 years or so and make hash oil I just can't see paying that much for something I could easily produce myself.

Does anyone know if Charlotte's Web cuttings are available or how I could get some non devitalized hemp seed? Am I missing or overlooking something?

2. Hemp seeds that are sold here in the US are all irradiated so they will not grow
    The only place I have seen them advertised was ebay but I believe that to be a scam
    Oh course if you have the government permit to grow Hemp you can get seeds
    Let me know if you find any I would love to grow Hemp for CBD myself

• Like Like x 1
  3. I wish there was a way for those Buyers of the seeds to do a follow up review
    I would grab some
    But then the time to grow to be disappointed I not sure Ed

4. First off, the amount of CBD in hemp is mostly low! Hemp has been bred for fiber and seed quality, not cannabinoid content. You'd be better off ordering high CBD seeds from a cannabis seed supplier in Europe or Canada. Just run "buy CBD seeds" in any search engine.It will cost you more, but you are far more likely to get something with a decent amount of CBD in it!

Now with seeds, we all know we get different phenotypes in every batch. And detecting CBD is not as easy as THC's good old "Dry, try, high?". However, there IS a simple color change test for it! :yay:

Check this out! DIY test to find high CBD plants grown from seeds (forum post – 2015)
    DIY test to find high CBD plants grown from seeds

Chemical and Physiological Identification of Indian Hemp (see “Beam’s Reaction”) (full – 1950)
    UNODC - Bulletin on Narcotics - 1950 Issue 3 - 004

Once you have your cannabis, it is a simple matter to make an alcohol, oil or food-grade glycerin extract.

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
  5. RAWmarket.place – RAWmarket.place is a good source for seeds and clones of certified hemp that has been tested for cbd potency. its mostly state by state listings but phone numbers are listed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I thought of seed outlets but a quick search didn't turn up anything promising. After reading your post I searched again and easily found a few, such as Dinamed from Seedsman that looks very promising. 0.5% THC and 14% CBD. I've always had good results from their seeds. It has slightly more THC than Charlotte's Web (0.5% vs 0.3%) but I bet it wouldn't make my wife test positive if CW doesn't. I should test her now come to think of it. She gets randoms at work about every year and if I made her test positive my name would be Mud. Thanks for the advice about the low CBD content in hemp. I know it's not in the seeds so oil made from seeds must be worthless but I thought it was in the buds.

I don't have any idea how I missed these seeds the first time I checked the seed outlets. Probably that high THC low CBD oil I've been dropping had something to do with it.

Stiggy, if I ever get it going I'll let you know. Or maybe we can split some seeds unless that's against policy here, connects and all. I'd probably have my oil tested for THC, some kind of bioassay would be cheap if I could find an individual that was THC naïve, otherwise I could make a year's supply and pay a lab if that's possible for me.

7. Wrong.... Common misconception that hemp and cannabis are different... they are both cannabis sativa, with hemp having the genetic precursor for thc production switched off. standard industrial hemp varietys of the early 1900s may not have had substantial CBD but the current ones being grown in american farms for CBD production definately do. Just like their high THC counterparts, selective breeding has allowed farmers to start from seed crop and select a specific highly resinous female that produces well under .3% thc while getting anywhere from 10-20% CBD by dry mass volume.Their are cultivars that are definately better suited to fiber and bast, but the vast majority of hemp farms in the US are making their money on CBD extraction and selling the hurd/fiber/seed oil as secondary byproduct..

8. Strains such as T1(trump 1) Cherry, ACDC, F1, cherry blossom, cascade, etc are good strains to look into.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Strains like Charlotte's Web was developed from hemp and really it probably qualifies to be called hemp so I think we're talking about the same kind of plants to grow for CBD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. you might want to check out the real seed company, which specializes in unworked landraces, many of which will have the high cbd and negligible thc you are looking for.
    reall seed co website
    The Real Seed Company
    official us retailer
    Buy The Real Seed Company on Seedsman | Worldwide Stealth Delivery

I grew their lebanese last year and i think that would suit your needs quite well.

11. [​IMG]
    Cheese Autoflowering CBD

CbD is getting big in Europe..and DinaFem is cashing in with their line

CBD Cannabis Seeds – DINAFEM UK

I haven't heard of Charlotte's Web for over 20 years lol

good luck

12. We have several high cbd crosses at Mom n Pops Old School Genetix! We just secured some beanz 28:1 x 20:1 Cbd/Thc
    We specialize in all around Cannabinoid profiles along with fruity terpenes!

13. My wife just tested positive for THC after taking CBD oil for a month. I don't think I'll be growing shit that don't get you high but makes you fail drug tests anyway. That's crazy. Not that I believed the hype about CBD oil but she did.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. From personal experience I find CBD oil much more effective than a certain medication I'm prescribed but can't mention that begins with an X.

I get none of the horrible sleepy and drunken side effects (I have to take a large dose) and it REALLY settles my nerves.

If I'm not mistaken most CBD oils will contain some levels of THC. Buds will also have THC and hemp CBD will also have THC.

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. It's my opinion that CBD may be anti inflammatory but I think the other claims like anxiety and pain relief are from the small dose of THC included with Charlotte's Web CBD oil and probably other brands that contain "trace amounts" of THC. That's the entourage effect we hear of, it's the THC.
    If it relieves anxiety then it is psychoactive and CBD isn't psychoactive so the claim is BS.
    Anyone subject to drug testing should stay away from Charlotte's Web products.

16. I smoke THC in my buds and THC in my tincture. Doesn't do shit for anxiety, makes it worse even at small doses.

Read up on the science behind CBD.

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."