Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Helppp!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by davidn420, Jul 15, 2012.

1. I've been rolling joints at least 3 times a week and still am not good :/ I thought of 3 possibilities....

1. My papers suck

2. I suck

3. I don't use a grinder

If anyone can help please do. I have a roller but I'd like to learn by hand too.
    Here's a pic:
    http://imageshack.us/mobile/gallery.php

2. Okay well apparently that pic didn't work.... I'll fix it later

3. Grind it at least man jeeze.

4. [quote name='"l James l"']Grind it at least man jeeze.[/quote]

Well I break it up real good but

5. Just watch some youtube videos man, What kind of papers do you use? Do you roll on a surface or in the air? I've found that rolling joints is easier in the air because the tuck is easier to accomplish

6. ok well it has to be that you suck..

you should be able to roll with any paper, and you dont HAVE to grind anything..

best advice is practice.. thats the key to rolling, the more practice you have the better your joints and blunts will be..

I used to roll my cigarettes when i was tryna stay clean of weed for a bit, the rolling just kinda took the urge away i guess.. and while it worked for a while.. it also made me a fuckin master roller.

7. It's not hard to roll a joint... it does'nt have to be perfect or anything bro.

8. if you are really worried about it they sell joint rollers at the headshop. They make perfect looking joints.

Some people just arent able to roll up a spliff that well. I can roll a pretty good joint but do not do it that often anymore. So i just bust out the roller really quick.

9. If you don't use a roach, use one. Also, get a grinder.

If you use a roach (filter) you can start by tucking the paper real tight under it, then rolling it in one motion from there. Makes a pretty nice cone by doing that, pretty easy too.

10. what papers are you using? Try using thicker papers until you get the technique down...maybe even practice with blunts, they're a lot easier to roll

i lost my grinder when i was really drunk so i never use one anyways, that shouldn't be the problem...i prefer breaking it up with my hands even!

11. [quote name='"moonman840"']if you are really worried about it they sell joint rollers at the headshop. They make perfect looking joints.

Some people just arent able to roll up a spliff that well. I can roll a pretty good joint but do not do it that often anymore. So i just bust out the roller really quick.[/quote]

I said I have one I just wanna learn by hand

12. [quote name='"bubbs"']what papers are you using? Try using thicker papers until you get the technique down...maybe even practice with blunts, they're a lot easier to roll

i lost my grinder when i was really drunk so i never use one anyways, that shouldn't be the problem...i prefer breaking it up with my hands even![/quote]

Top cigarette papers. Not the best but it's like 50 cents for a 100 pack

13. Here.... pic so you can see how I roll

[​IMG]

The rip is because I needed a roach tip and my pack ran out lol

14. I practiced, got a lot better
    [​IMG]

15. Man just practice is all you need... Those joints aren't that bad btw I have had friends who can't even roll it good enough to smoke haha. Zig zags are great papers to use for an easy roll also and they burn nice and slow. And maybe grind the weed further if it's not smoking right. Make sure all the weed in the joint is evenly spaced out if you can as that helps a lot in the smoking of it and rolling. Have fun :smoking:

16. [quote name='"davidn420"']I practiced, got a lot better
    [/quote]

Nothing is better to have than a buddy who can roll a mean joint :) Practice makes perfect, keep up the good work!

17. [quote name='"FattyAssSnaps"']Man just practice is all you need... Those joints aren't that bad btw I have had friends who can't even roll it good enough to smoke haha. Zig zags are great papers to use for an easy roll also and they burn nice and slow. And maybe grind the weed further if it's not smoking right. Make sure all the weed in the joint is evenly spaced out if you can as that helps a lot in the smoking of it and rolling. Have fun :smoking:[/quote]

[quote name='"pinktaco"']

Nothing is better to have than a buddy who can roll a mean joint :) Practice makes perfect, keep up the good work![/quote]

Thanks

18. Friend, I think your rolling just fine! Practice makes perfect!

19. Really, practice is all it takes. I am now the designated roller where ever I go and have been for a few decades. I might not be so good at it if not for one particular occasion shortly after I started smoking. This was '70 and I was a college sophomore. I was still real wet behind the ears. I wanted to try my hand at dealing because it sounded intriguing in those days even though I didn't know crap about crap. I never did sell anything, just wound up getting really wasted and wasting a lot of primo hash and weed. I had bought a few lids and nickel bags up to that point and grams of hash but had never even seen anything larger. I had bought an ounce of Nepalese Gold Seal hash that had me clearly not thinking straight and a guy I met wanted to trade a pound of Acapulco Gold that he had just gone out west to get for that hash and a hundred dollars. I took the Gold and had no clue what to do with it. I had never seen anything like it up to that point. All my bags previously had been dry, seedy and not real fluffy. Because it was the legendary Acapulco Gold, I decided to show off to my friends in an attempt to flaunt my self-perceived high standing in the hip community. They lived in another college town a few hundred miles away, so I took a bus there and started partying. I had considered these friends more knowledgeable about how to best market my Gold. What an idiot I was:eek:. My friends recommendation was to cut it all up and roll joints to sell. Christ, what an idiot I was. We took a bunch of scissors and cut up that whole pound of Acapulco Gold in little pieces and rolled a jillion joints. Never sold one. None of us could roll worth a damn before and none of the others seemed to learn much then, but I became a joint rolling dervish and haven't slowed down since. I can roll blindfolded and one handed. Just keep at it.

But I do not recommend getting your practice like I did in the experience above. :D:smoking::hippie:

• Like Like x 2
  20. [quote name='"PsychedelicSam"']Really, practice is all it takes. I am now the designated roller where ever I go and have been for a few decades. I might not be so good at it if not for one particular occasion shortly after I started smoking. This was '70 and I was a college sophomore. I was still real wet behind the ears. I wanted to try my hand at dealing because it sounded intriguing in those days even though I didn't know crap about crap. I never did sell anything, just wound up getting really wasted and wasting a lot of primo hash and weed. I had bought a few lids and nickel bags up to that point and grams of hash but had never even seen anything larger. I had bought an ounce of Nepalese Gold Seal hash that had me clearly not thinking straight and a guy I met wanted to trade a pound of Acapulco Gold that he had just gone out west to get for that hash and a hundred dollars. I took the Gold and had no clue what to do with it. I had never seen anything like it up to that point. All my bags previously had been dry, seedy and not real fluffy. Because it was the legendary Acapulco Gold, I decided to show off to my friends in an attempt to flaunt my self-perceived high standing in the hip community. They lived in another college town a few hundred miles away, so I took a bus there and started partying. I had considered these friends more knowledgeable about how to best market my Gold. What an idiot I was:eek:. My friends recommendation was to cut it all up and roll joints to sell. Christ, what an idiot I was. We took a bunch of scissors and cut up that whole pound of Acapulco Gold in little pieces and rolled a jillion joints. Never sold one. None of us could roll worth a damn before and none of the others seemed to learn much then, but I became a joint rolling dervish and haven't slowed down since. I can roll blindfolded and one handed. Just keep at it.

But I do not recommend getting your practice like I did in the experience above. :D:smoking::hippie:[/quote]

Lol what a great story wow my generation sucks I wish I was growing up in the 60's/70's