HELPP!! First grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PsyCheDeliCacy-, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Can u clip buds off your plant while it's still growing? will the plant continue to bud in that area?

2. I know this is a stupid question, but my friend doesn't know anything about growing and either do I. he wants to know if you could clip a piece of the bud off and will it continue to still grow??

Please, need a reply.

I don't think it's a good idea, but as I said i don't know anything about growing.

3. If you clip the bud off, it won't grow another bud in the same place to replace it. Folks clip buds all the time to test whether their plant is ready to harvest, or to keep them in bud while the rest of the plant finishes, but the more you clip, the more yield you sacrifice at the end. ;)

4. #4 PsyCheDeliCacy-, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009

Ok, when It is time to harvest, How would he know? and I meant if you clip a peice of the bud that is developing, will the bud that was clipped continue to grow?

EDIT!: I was also wondering if you can clone a plant while it is in the flower period. If so How? It would be much appreciated if anyone could answer.

5. Well, I don't know if you clip a piece of the bud off if it will continue to grow, but I suspect it will damage it enough where you will either have it die off or possibly allow disease into the plant. Just guessing though. ;)

Knowing when it is time to harvest is best done by checking the trichomes, here is a good thread showing pics.

Yes, you can clone during flowering, I've found that it takes a bit longer to get the roots to develop on a flowering clone as opposed to a vegitating one.