Helpful Tips for Vaporizer Users

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by blackbur, May 7, 2010.

1. You dont need an account to view the site, any info on it will SURELY be in the topic for it.

2. Hi all,

I recently bought an Aromed 4.0 vape after doing a bit of research into a good indiviual unit. I stopped smoking many years ago and stopped everything else as a result also :rolleyes:

Basically I'm very happy with it so far but being quite new to it would be happy with any advice specific to the Aromed anyone could give about tips for usage: ideal temp? I'm at about 190c at present, how fine to grind or not to grind at all?, water filter levels etc. I don't seem to get much actual vapour although it does get the job done!

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

3. Hi Iwien,

Many thanks. Had actually read those threads in the past before buying the unit, but a re-read was still helpful. I basically looked at a vape because I quit smoking years ago and vowed never to do so again, and luckily stuck to it. I only found out vaporizers existed a few months back and bought one a week later :D

It's more "fine tuning". I guess in the end I will get the hang of playing with temps, how fine to grind and such. Odd after all those years away I now feel like a noob again!

4. Yup. Just another fun opportunity to learn something new, eh?

5. What vaporizer do you guys like in the under $100 range? I've heard good things about the Magic Flight. It seems like the next level up in quality is $150-$200 for the Vapolution, DBV, etc...

6. Vapolution? No....

The best portable and the best cheap unit that is safe and of good quality, is the Magic Flight Launch Box(MFLB). Dont bother with ANY other low priced unit as itll be crap. If you want a whip type unit, look at the DBV. You cant compare different types of vapes, they each serve a different purpose. Just get the MFLB, you wont regret it.
    Look at fuckcombustion.com for more info

7. You mean don't compare whip type units to glass units like the MFLB?

8. glass??

These are not 'all glass vapor path' types of vaporizers.

The DBV and SSV are whip type vapes, and are the best in that department.
    The MFLB is the best portable. Its also the best low priced unit.
    The PD and MZ are the most efficient units out there.
    The Zephyr Ion and the Volcano are the best bag only systems.
    theres one whip/bag combo unit, the Extreme Q, which is not a bad unit, but would not do bags as well as those 2 bag only vapes^ or do whips as well as the DBV or SSV.

9. lol how is MFLB a glass unit you blazed? :smoke:

10. Another low price portable vape option to consider is this: The clean-air Lotus Vaporizer | www.lotusvaporizer.com if one would rather deal with butane rather than batts.

Check out some of the reviews here: Introducing the Lotus Vaporizer (Page 1) / Vaporizer Discussion / FC - Vaporizer Review Forum

11. Thanks for the link Lwien, Im interested in that Lotus vaporizer pipe! Have you tried it yourself?

12. Nope, but I sure do like the fact that you don't breath in butane fumes as you do with the VaporGenie as well as being pretty darn efficient as stated from a review on FC.

Using batts in the LB has it's pros and cons as do lighter based vapes, but I do think that this is a viable alternative if one doesn't want to deal with recharging batteries and wants a vape that is possibly even more efficient.

I do all my vaping at home, but if I was looking for a portable, it would be between this and the LB.

13. How much time do you guys leave a battery push in the MFLB to get a good hit? Usually I leave it in 15 seconds or so and its pretty good but idk :confused: Im new to vaping btw so dont hate

14. Volcano Digit has an auto off timer. I can't even begin to describe how much help that feature has been to me. :D

15. I've left my DBV on for ages and it's completely safe :s might be a problem with one of those cheaper wooden vapes

16. Thats cool. i don't really like to leave stuff on that i'm not using..its a waste, i don't think its a problem with just wooden vapes.Imo its stupid to leave something that gets hot unattended.

17. Agreed, I feel that way with most things. However, my PD stays on because it was designed to do that, and it would take about an hour to heat up otherwise.
    It also seems that there will be an increase of at least about 5 degrees F in the unit over the next year or two if its left on all the time.

18. #119 TwztedElegance, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
    Yeah, i turn mine off at night when I go to bed but my DBV goes back on every morning, and then I just keep it on all day coz i'm usually hitting it every few hours :smoke: never had any problems

19. i can defiantly understand that with the PD, its has such nice wood. have u seen the OCD vape?