Help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rockstar99, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Hey guys I'm seeing a lot of yellowing on the plants with 3-4 weeks still left to go. I'm running heavy 16 bloom a and b at 1400 ppm. Plants were vegged for 8 weeks there in 25 gallon pots in promix with 2 inches of sand on top. I also have been giving them cal mag at 5ML per gallon which I thought maybe I should give them full strength and up to 10 if it's a cal mag issue. The ph I give them is 6.0-6.5 and the ppm of the water by itself when I run it through the 2 part RO SYSTEM is 100. My soil ph reads 6.5-7 and temps are at 80 with co2 during day and 70 at night. Humidity is at 35-40 during day and 50 at night. Now until 2 weeks ago the room never had co2. When i first turned it on I set it at 1500 right away so maybe that's the issue? The plants wilt then yellow then turn crispy. Also I use double ended bulbs 1100 watt and I have them set at 750 and some at 1000. The lights could be to close to the plants which might caused the yellowing maybe? So I think it could be:

-up the dosage of food?
    -co2
    -cal mag
    -heat stress

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. looks like the plants are eating the fans and dropping them, hard to say why. as long as each plant has a decent amount of fan leaves on it no harm no foul, fans are lungs and as long as there are lungs it can breath. are you circulating air?

3. also i would count out heat stress, the buds look too good and the edges of the leaves dont really show signs of heat stress

4. grabbed theses off the web but see how they are showing stress signs on the edges? BIG TIME

Attached Files:

5. also please remember light is plant food, nutes are just a supplement like if we were to take a vitamin. so over doing nutes is never a good thing. but im no pro, im sure someone will chime in with some better info for you

6. Thank you, heat stress is out the picture. My indica grand daddy looks perfect no stress no nothing. The San Fernando, and OG is the ones showing yellowing on the fan leaves. The circulation of air could be a little better maybe I don't have enough air circulating?

7. Appreciate the replies... when I watered today the drainage water was 500 ppm and that's what I put in. Is that normal?

8. The MJ plant uses more of some nutrients during the flower cycle than others...magnesium and calcium being two. But the plant also goes through a shedding of sorts toward the end of the flower cycle when the plant stops sending nutrition to the foliage and sends it all to the buds. At this point, leaves will yellow, die and fall off and it's all totally normal. You're so close to harvest anyway that you need to stop giving nutes and stick with plain water in order to flush your plants. If you use a good quality formulated grow soil, you need to back off the nutes. Nutes don't grow plants...they're just plant food and unless you know your plants are hungry, you're not helping yourself too much by pouring them in. I suggest you read up on the nutritional requirements of the MJ plant during flower so you have an idea about what they actually need. But we stopped using nutes altogether last year. Just don't need them when you use a high quality soil. Now with a hydro grow, nutes are all on the shoulders of the grower and somehow information gets turned upside down and soil growers seem to think that their grow relies totally on the nutes they give the plant. WRONG! What your plant does, the size it becomes during it's life and the weight you get at harvest are totally dependent on the strength and quality of life it gets. Better quality and strength of light gets you bigger better plants with weightier harvests. Unless the new growth on your plant washes out in color to a yellowish green instead of the rich blue green associated with a healthy plant, your plant likely isn't hungry. Most of the time, they'll end up becoming root bound before they actually need feed. Most likely, your plants are just going through the shed at the end of flower and when they get finished, they'll look like bud on a stick with few larger foliage leaves left. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  9. by all means I am not a pro, but I know heat stress first hand bro, if it was heat your buds or rather the pistols on them would most likly by orange and look bad as well like its burned

10. exactlly, towards the end fans will fall. very end of my cycles im pretty much left with only sugar leaves.

11. how often are you watering?

12. I'm watering every 2-3 days 4-5 gallons each time. These plants are huge ... 6-7' I vegged for 8 weeks I have 45 plants under 32 double ended lights. Maybe more water each time like 7-10 gallons?? What do you think

13. Here's a look at my grow it's my first one by the way...

OG takes 75 days and indica usually 60-65 days. I'm on day 46 of flower. So I still have 1 more month to go. When do you think I should start flushing?

Attached Files: