Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by lilghostqueen, Nov 6, 2016.

1. I need help!! I haven't used my bongs in months because I've been smoking jays, but recently I've had to start using bongs again. One of the two bongs I have is EXTREMELY hard to clean -- especially the bowl. Now, normally I'm very good at cleaning my pieces. I must've given up on cleaning this particular bong (which is horrible I know) and then when I switched to jays I think I just left it sitting there all this time and just.... there's so much gunk!!! It's all gathered at the bottom of the bowl and I can't for the life of me get it out. I've used salt and alcohol, listerine, pipe cleaners, and warm water. Nothing is working. Please help!

Attached Files:

2. Lacquer thinner is one of the stronger solvents that might work.

Regular rubbing alcohol is usually 70%, try 99% if you can find it.

If you don't want to use a volatile, try 100% Simple Green and let sit overnight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you!!!

4. try using 99% rubbing alcohol if you haven't already, and use rock salt. and give it a very aggressive shaking. like you're trying to bust a nut to save your own life.

just dont drop your bong, but yeah more alcohol and more salt and some aggressive shaking should work for ya

• Like Like x 2
  5. I use dawn dish soap haha! Works great every time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Acetone it will eat that shit fast make sure you wash it out very good tho after wards

from the depths of oblivion

• Like Like x 1
  8. uhhhhhhh......YEAH.......like so good youll need a new one

• Like Like x 1
  9. Na bro if it's plastic yea. But I used acetone multiple times never once had a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You could submerge the piece in boiling water lot less harsh than simple green

• Like Like x 1
  11. You can use acetone on Glass ONLY but it'll fuck up any decals/labels you might have. I literally just posted a picture of a disclaimer saying just this.

• Like Like x 1

12. Yeah that's pretty bad. I'd heat up the bottom of that with a lighter.... just kinda swirl it around the glass... get it pretty warm. Then drop the alcohol and salt in, swirl that around then just let it kick it there. Go back to it after about a minute. Shake it around. Wait a minue... shake.

If your solution gets too dirty you may need to dump it out and throw in some fresh stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yea I know gotta be careful now. But it definitely eats the crap right away.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Id turn my hot water on as hot as it goes and hold my pipe in hot water for a min or 2 then rubbing acohol and CANE SUGAR!!!!!! Dont use salt unless you really must!! Salt microscratches glass and makes water staining happen easier!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. No i work with acetone its not as bad as everyone thinks, its safe on glass but not paint

Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. Instructions on how to break glass 101
    I have worked with glass as well if you do not heat the whole glass piece up equally then it will expand and crack ESPECIALLY if you heat it then rapidly cool it with alcohol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Id personally not use acetone, due to the simple fact that its more harmful to a human than alcohol is. Its all subjective tho

• Like Like x 1
  18. You gotta clean an wash it out afterwards with soap an water

• Like Like x 1

19. Cheap glass is cheap glass...

High Quality stuff is alot more durable, right???

Heat, salt and alcohol. Is all I've EVER used. I saw you posted something on Cane Sugar ....

Any suggestions as to how to use it??? And/or experiences with it???

• Like Like x 1

20. Cheap glass is cheap glass...

High Quality stuff is alot more durable, right???

Heat, salt and alcohol. Is all I've EVER used. I saw you posted something on Cane Sugar ....

Any suggestions as to how to use it??? And/or experiences with it???