Help with video cameras

Discussion in 'General' started by Caballero, Jul 28, 2010.

1. So I skateboard and I'm getting to that point where I'm ready to start making and editing skate videos to send in to skate companies. I have no idea what would be good or bad, and when I've posted on skateboard forums everyone says get a flip camcorder. Fuck that, those things are shit. So anyone have any thoughts on what I should get? I want it to be of good quality, cost under 300, be capable of accepting a fisheye lens, and I want to be able to edit easily. I've seen a bunch of hd camcorders with a hard drive, but the footage would be difficult to edit since it is recorded as a MPEG2 format. And I won't rule out eBay

2. Thanks man I'll def check that site out

3. i used to make a ton of skateboarding videos, the best cameras for skating are the Canon GL2/ Sony VX1000, 2000, 2100. You could probably find one for around 400-500 now, excluding the cost of a nice fisheye lense like a MKII death lense which is roughly 700. I cant tell from your post whether your into making movies or skateboarding in itself, its hard to make money doing both. My advice is if your a skater, find someone who is down to film and edit your footy and send it to shops for sponsorship. When a shop video comes out even more people will notice. Another route you could take is to get a few friends together and make your own video..then hold a premier at your local park and get noticed. OR, if you dont skate and are more interested in making skateboarding videos, save the money up and cut back on toking for a lil and buy the right equipment. If your serious about it, the money can easily be made back not to mention all the fun times you will have producing videos and skating and shit. Hope that helps man, theres alotta info in there. message me if you got anymore questions