Help with ventilation?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by primatime, Aug 15, 2017.

1. #41 primatime, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Im not getting the carbon filter til later on. I changed the fan to be on the outside, which is connected to ducting and then thru a vent hole and into the tent, but when i turn the fan on i can feel air being blown into the tent from that ducting in the back. I also added another picture so you can see which way the fan is facing. For passive intake could i leave the vents on the bottoms of the tent open? Or the other hole on the top? [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It doesn't matter.. set it up as if you do have the carbon filter unless you want to redo everything when you do actually get it... so just have some ducting running off of the inline fan which I would recommend you set on the ground next to the tent... run that ducting into one of the round flaps near the top of the tent and then tighten em with the little ropes to hold the ducting in place... then connect another piece of ducting to the other side of the inline and run it to a window or something to proper vent the exhaust. And when I say I recommend the inline on the ground I mean outside the tent.

If you feel air being blown into the tent just use common sense and turn the inline fan around because you obviously have it set up the wrong way if it's creating positive pressure... so once you have the second piece of ducting connected and placed where you want just stick your hand next to it and you should feel pressureZ

When I run my outtake without my intake turned on my tent sucks inward with a lot of negative pressure... depending on the size fan and tent you should be getting some type of negative pressure not positive.

3. Sounds backwards to me..air needs to be sucked from the tent, not blowing into the tent..Just reverse the connections and I think you will be good to go..Here is mine..air being pulled from the tent and sent out the window..
    (for the time being forget about the light (no connections on it anyway)
    1st--intake duct in tent
    2nd pic--ducting and fan point out the window.
    IMG_0513.JPG

4. Alright so i flipped the inline around, i dont feel air being pushed into the tent but if i stick my hand near it i can feel the air. Also unless im trippin, the sides of the tent came in a little bit once i turned it on (this is with all passive intake vents closed.) this is what im looking for right?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Yeah that's negative pressure... that's what you are looking for ideally so long as it's not insanely sucking the tent in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Great, now i just need to see how my temps are with the light and fan running. my temps with the lights and no fan were insanely high so hopefully i can lower those down. Inside my tent with no lights its 74F

7. A good inline can definitely help lower temps... like I said me personally I added a small fan to my intake for my umph but you may not need to. Just make sure you have an oscillating fan or two (depending on size) inside the tent.. I use a tower fan with great success hits the top of the canopy and underneath the canopy nicely so there is no stagnant air. And then of course as shown my intake is on the other side blowing nicely on the other half of the canopy. Though most people run their intake in a bottom vent... it's just what was most convenient for me and it works well.

8. WHEW..:)
    surprise.gif

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah i already had planned on getting some clip on fans for the inside for better circulation, but thanks for all the help, literally couldnt have done it without you guys

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I guess my final question regarding this is would you recommend that i feed the ducting into the tent through the bottom, like i have now? Or would it be best to feed it into the tent through the hole on top of the tent? If its closer to the top it would be more efficient at removing hot air since the heat will rise, correct?

11. If you are talking about the outtake it doesn't matter... as long as the ducting itself is ran to the top of the tent it can come in from the bottom... you just may have to adjust it for the filter when it comes in but that won't be hard at all... nothing more than pulling a little bit of ducting out of the tent to lower it until the filter fits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. You want the fan blowing air out of the tent. Not pulling it in

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. There should be a hole where you can mount the exhaust ducting somewhere on the top of the tent. Hot air rises so you want to pull the air out of the top. Then you can open one or two flaps on the bottom of the tent to allow fresh air in. Colder air on floor will be pulled in while the hot gets sucked out by the fan

14. Alright i currently have the air being sucked out from the bottom but ill just move the ducting to the hole on top of the tent

• Like Like x 3