Help with trichs and when to cut

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dangerstache, Jun 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Day 59 of a 60 day strain (sweet tooth) but I can't even tell what the hell I am looking at through this thing!!
    This is my first grow, so forgive my lack of knowledge.

- Should I be looking with the loupe in regular light or under the 600 watt HPS or does it matter?
    - am I way off in terms of when I am cutting these babies? I was planning July 4th ( 'merica) but it doesn't seem like that is gonna happen. I have been running clean water for a week and a half in DWC.

Anybody have insight or are these pictures shit?

2. Look at the trichs pics in here
    Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

I'm not seeing any noticeable amber, just cloudy and mostly clear. Could be wrong but I'd say let em keep going a bit longer. Just my opinion, I'm just hitting day 14 of my first flower so I'm just comparing your pics to the ones in that post plus some other pic guides I've seen online.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alright don't look through HPS. If you want a really good piece of advice..... A lot of people chop way to early.... The cloudy clear amber thing works but what happens when they swell up double in size again and throw out new clear and cloudy heads.... You can really just look at it and tell when it's done with expirence. I'm also not buying that whole chop clear cloudy head high thing. The terps will change over time that changes the stone look smell everything it's not all about trichs. IMHO! Send just a clear nice shot of the buds in normal light.

• Like Like x 1
  4. You are right, or.... why not just harvest a big bud, have a nice smoke, then wait a week or 2 to see if they're keep growing? you can also test potency and flavour and quality?, at least if you lose some yield on 1 big stem you don't lose yield on the entire plant, plus it gives more time for lower buds to ripen as the energy is redirected to another location.

5. T
    This is very acceptable IMHO and my preferred method at times.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 6_29.JPG

7. Looks to me like it has some time to go man. Give her a few more days (week I'm guessing) and see if she doesn't fatten up some more. Multiple pictures help. Its amazing what a week or two more will do

• Like Like x 1
  8. I agree...needs another wk or so,remeber those so calld seed to harvest is not a set in stone thing,jus guidlines,it usually pays off to wait

• Like Like x 1
  9. Patience is lost nowadays huh, that dam clear cloudy thing

• Like Like x 1
  10. def appears so....ha.

11. Next run, you did a week and a half of flushing is a little much. Hydro 4-5 days. That's even a lil extreme IMHO with light feeds of ferts. I wait till I'm ready to harvest. Then flush. Not the other way around. A an extra full week of nutes would've have been beneficial you feel me?

• Like Like x 1
  12. And that's what I like about building a good soil, mines not perfect and I'm not to a no-till yet, but I won't have to flush at all and she'll be happy right to the end (hopefully). One piece at a time, it's all a big learning curve. Every individual strain, plant, environment, and person does and needs things just a little different. After the first chop and cure is over I think the hardest parts are behind ya. Was talking to a friend that grows the other day and he mentioned that he doesn't really take note of how it grows as much as how the end product is, I asked him how he ever thought he'd get a consistent end product if he's not paying attention to what she likes and doesn't and how she reacts to different techniques, I think I got him thinking. I'm very much a KISS kind of person, the less fuss the less stress for me.

Once my girl starts getting close, I know I'm gonna be questioning if it's ready. The joys of the first grow, lol.

She looks really good, put some pics up when you decide to chop so we see the difference. Those of us still learning this stuff would really benefit.

Happy (smoke) trails. :love-m3j:

13. I'm all about soil.(peep journal if ya want) But I'm confused as to how quoting what I said is relevant to your reply....the flushing?

14. Yes the flushing. Then my brain ran away, lol...

15. Haha that happens. :smoke:

• Like Like x 1