Help with training please

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by James 1234, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Hey guys im new to training and wanted to have ago, both plants have between 6-7 nodes now one is clearly indica and one is cleary sativa, i wanted to know if i should or could fim the indica will it make that big of a difference? And i was thinking lst the sativa and then when the side growth become tops maybe fimming them what do you guys think? Or any tips would be great here are the 2 plants 1481941700091.jpg 1481941706905.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Well they are both indica. One is a little stretchy. As far as training goes, what is the outcome you are looking for? I like topping and super cropping. So easy and creates such big bushy plants.
    With that said, I currently have a plant that wanted to stretch so I super cropped it right in the middle of the main stem and the results were amazing.
    You can start topping your plants at 3 nodes. Good luck. They look good.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

3. Thanks for the kind words :) oh i thought only one was like full indica my bad well basically i guess i want the smaller one to become a full bush, and well the taller one i guess i want a bigger yeild if that helps haha?

4. What is your growing condition? How big is your area, how many plant (guessing 2), what light system are you using and other info will help. Those info will give you more detail on what you can or should do and in the end do what you think is best after collecting all the data.

FIM is great but I always seem to fail on fimming for some reason. Topping is easier but both method work well but in the end, what do you want? Bushy with many medium bud sight or a very few huge cola. To answer your question, fim will result in 3-4 sprout and topping is mainly only 2. Either method will make a huge different because it will divert the energy to the side branches to grow causing you to have multiple branches. Another method you can add on top of fim/top is to lean the plant down and let the side expose to more light and little wind from the fan. This will make the side branch shoot up toward the light and in turn the plant will focus on those 2 main sight a little more than normal if you don't lean the main stalk down. Good luck.

Edit: The indica going to be shorter, and the sativa will stretch (especially in flowering), if both plant are growing under 1 light, you will need to kinda take the sativa otherwise when you flower it. If it outside or in their own area, no need to worry about the sativa.

5. Thanks for the reply i fimmed the busy one but it didnt work i dont think but it has noce side brancing come through all plants are outdoor the only prob is i think all plants are too big mow to bother training might try again next year at this point cheers

6. Never to big to fim/top, lst on the other hand is still possible, if the branch get big it too hard to bend. Doesn't mean you can't do it. Just use your finger to rub the stalk to soften and bend slowly so it doesn't break the skin layer of the stalk. Outside so no fear of it growing super tall.

Yea I hate fim, I need more practice. Not all my fim worked out lol. Just need to practice more. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk