Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with tincture? Looked everywhere else

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SoundFallen, Sep 6, 2015.

1. hey all, never posted here before but I come to read frequently...

Today I have spent copious amounts of time on my first tincture. Unfortunately the highest % of alcohol I could find in my area was 50% (100 proof) vodka. I ground up about 8 grams or so of some disappointing med clone herb and decarboxylated at 215 f for about 15-20 mins. Froze two mason jars, the bud, and the vodka, then did the mixing and shook for about 10 mins or so, then put it in the hot water bath for a good half hour, then back to freezer for an hour or so until fully chilled. Took it out and shook for 15 mins, then hot water bath again for a half hour and then strained. Left in bath until 8 oz liquid was reduced to about 3oz. I also added a few drops of vanilla extract, a tsp of raw organic honey, and a sprinkle of cinnamon for flavor. I cannot get the liquid To reduce any farther, and have yet to complete test. It tastes like all the alcohol is gone and I am left with the cannabis taste with the honey and vanilla and cinnamon, sweet and slightly bitter aftertaste and slightly numbing to the tongue.
    So, my question is, for any experienced tincture makers out there, did I remove all the alcohol? If so, is my tincture still affective? Is there a safe way to reduce farther without compromising thc content? I am assuming what is left over is the water in the 100 proof vodka. Most tincture recipes call for ever clear or 151 rum or pure ethanol, but they say this one is alright too if those aren't available I dosed myself with a tablespoonful approx ten minutes ago and I am not sure of any effects yet. Pretty sure temps of everything throughout process were good.

2. first off, your decarb was not hot enough or long enough to properly decarb material.

The research the PsychadelicSam has done in the tincture thread above. shows that we need about 240 for 40 minutes to properly decarb your medicine. The best place to ask this question is in the Stickie thread above called http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/...
    Another Tincture thread.