Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with the law

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GreenHitOnSwole, May 26, 2011.

1. So last night me and a couple of my friends were caught by the police and charged with possession of a little over two grams of dank. I was arrested and taken to jail for only a couple hours then my friend bailed me out. The bail was only 75$ and I live in Alabama. But the thing is throughout the whole process the cop did not read me my rights or state that I was under arrest. I was wondering if there is anything I can do about that. I have a set court date on July 13. Thanks for the help blades.

2. Best advice I can think of is get a lawyer as soon as possible.

One who deals with this kind of shit and knows what's up.

3. yeah the best thing you can do is go down to your local community college and take a few courses on Criminal Law and Constitutional Rights............ especially yours............did he question you after he placed you in custody. I m sure he said something when he put the cuffs on you that you were being placed under arrest for such and such and he does not have to read you your rights unless he/they wish to question you.
    Good luck pay the fine do the service and they drop it from your record after 1 year right? If you did not get into any more trouble during that 1 year span.
    :wave:

4. Yup, get a lawyer. It will likely save you money in the end, cost me 500 dollars and my charges were dismissed.

5. #5 GreenHitOnSwole, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah I hope so but thanks I didn't know that. Naw he didn't question me after he put on the cuffs, but he really never said anything about being under arrest

6. Skip the lawyer and go pay the fine and say you're really sorry that you smoke pot. Cheaper than a lawyer

7. #7 GreenHitOnSwole, May 26, 2011
    That's what I was thinking like maybe have community service or something, any ideas on what the fine price will be

8. well if you get a lawyer, and they really didnt read you your miranda rights, then the lawyer will argue that and the case will get dropped.

buttt, it might be cheaper to have that on your record and just pay the fine. i doubt itd be anything over $500

9. Why didn't you ni99ers eat it?

10. #11 GreenHitOnSwole, May 26, 2011
    Ha we had a glass piece and also the cop just walked up on us in a nature park so we had little reaction time.

11. If LEO detains you (handcuffs, placing you in a locked unit, etc) they MUST read you your rights and receive a clear response that you understand these rights. Get some legal help quickly and be completely honest with him/her so that they can help you. Tell your counsel right away about not having been mirandized, it could make for an easy dismissal. Good luck and keep us posted, okay?

12. #13 GreenHitOnSwole, May 26, 2011
    Will do, yes they both handcuffed me and i was placed in a locked unit

13. The report will read "advised person he was under arrest" Very small detail and won't make a difference.
    They don't need to read anyone their right unless they are questioning you about the crime . At your point, they walked up saw you smoking and had everything they needed. no need to gather more info to make the case.

First time? a lawyer might be a good Idea. He can keep it off your record after a period of time. Good luck.

14. wrong........they do not have to do shit except tell you that you are being placed under arrest........they can cuff you and put you in protective custody or just to ensure their safety.....you do not have to be arrested to be placed in cuffs.......you need to follow my first post's advise and get some education there lad.

exactly..but I do not know the laws in your state but mine are that a misdemeanor conviction will go away in a year if you do not have problems in between and you fulfill your service obligations and or schooling they require.......

15. #16 GreenHitOnSwole, May 27, 2011
    Thanks for the help for real man I appreciate it

16. no problem, but hey help yourself my friend. Check out the laws yourself online and see what they say. Educate yourself some, take a college course on basic criminal law or constitutional law. It just makes it real clear to you about how to act and handle things like this when and if they occur.
    :wave:

17. Get a lawyer, they can probably make it a fine and no criminal conviction.

18. +1

Great post man.