Help with the law

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by KingKidd, Jul 7, 2009.

1. My dad got pulled over for his registration, He has no insurance, Suspended licence. So of course that is automatic Impound. So they give us are tickets and everything. They was being hard on us but you can see why, I had no real bad complaints on what they said(Ha but I still hate cops so trust me alot of the things they said I was mad about at the time). But anyways, I NEED ALL YOUR HELP! We got out of the car and they asked if we needed anything from the car, Well my dad has been waiting for this day so it was already pretty much cleared of anything of importance. So I just grabbed my work jacket. They wanted us to find a ride but after finally convincing them we did not even live that far away they let us walk away. But THING IS! As they was finishing up the report and the information for my dad. The Other officer started opening are doors and started going through everything, Opening the trunk, The Glove box, Everything. He NEVER SAID ANYTHING! he did ask if we wanted anything out. He never asked or said he was going to go through it. Thier was no open doors. Nothing like that. They just started searching. Now I know they can search it with probable cause. and they did ask my dad if he had been drinking he said no and that was the end of that. and that was early on in the whole thing. So even if they had probable cause they never said anything at all or anything like that. Thier was even a family abouve the hill who watched the whole thing, They could probably not hear it, But the saw it. Also I know that cops can come back later to the yard and check it out if they have probable cause, but I think they are not supposed to in front of you without a warrent or a concent. HELP?

2. Police are allowed to search and "inventory" your car if it is being impounded, they do not need a warrant or probable cause to take inventory on it, and if any contraband is found during the inventory they can use it against you.

3. That is not what I wanted to hear, But Looks Like He is screwed. Thanks.