Help with soil mix

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by hatboy2002, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Hi everyone, I am currently transplanting my vegging White widows into a larger container and I need help with the mix of Soil. I have a few different growing mediums bought and ready to use.

What I have is Peat Moss, Vermiculite, Perlite, and some nice dark Potting soil. I also have a box of fine Dolomitic Lime.

I have read that some people like to put nutrients into their soil before even planting the trees.

I have a variety of different nutes including :
    Botanicare Pure blend Veg Formula 3-2-4,
    Bloom Fish fertilizer 1-12-12,
    Schultz All purpose Plant food 20-30-20,
    Schultz Bloom Builder 5-30-5

I have been using tiny amounts of the Pure Blend Veg formula for the last week and a bit.

I am trying to put together a mixture using some or all of what i have(probably not all the nutes lol), and I would really like not to have to go out and grab more stuff.

Any help would be greatly Appreciated! Thanks.

2. Can anyone please give me a helping hand? :confused:

3. too too many nutrients...
    Do me a favor, run to lowes, drop $3.50 on a soil nutrient test kit and I think you'll find there bending towards the "high" level.

4. #4 hatboy2002, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009

Hey man, I am not saying that i have been using all these nutes, i am saying that i have them and I am asking for a good blend of soil, vermiculite, perlite, peat moss and dolomitic lime with the possible addition of some of those nutes. I would most likely use only the Botanicare Veg formula stuff as the plants are in veg. And if i had added all these nutes, my guess would be that the pH would be very low. Anyone want to give me a hand with percentages of each growing medium to make a nice blend?

5. umm maybe if you didn't post soil questions in the hydro section it would help.