Help with sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by indicajames123, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Hey everyone I am legally blind and I am hoping to start my grow at some point I am having trouble over coming the sexing part as its not possible to do from vision does anyone have any tips on how to over come this hurdle??? Thanks in advanced for your help

2. Hi mate, maybe Auto flowering strains? Or just purchase Female seeds, but then you still cant be sure!

All the best

3. I hate autos mate for some reason I don't get any benefits from it which is why I'm using a particular strain that works only way I can be sure if I got a clone but that's not possible where I live

4. When it's a male u will be able to tell. Because of ball sacks hanging down from each node and there will be tons . Females just some fine hairs.

Males will not start to Pollinate the female until around the 4-6 week unto flowering so u got plenty of time to wait and see if it gets balls or not :)

5. Can you check one of my thread. "Pre flower. Male? Female?" Can't post same pic twice. Scroll down a bit. Those pic should be more clear

6. Way too Early to tell give it 3 more weeks then u can tell what's up .

7. Lol already yanked it. Fck!!!

8. Coolcalin, listen to experience, not growers who think they know, we wouldnt steer ya wrong bud...

Tk86 is very resourceful and intuitive as his experience in this game shows well...

9. I thought that this thread was about having personal sex problems when I read the title. Then i saw that quote and laughed once I got in this thread hahaha....high as fuck.

10. Thanks man , I try to make sure peeps r getting right intel by what I've tried done or seen personally and of course the understanding of plants and nature in general is always a plus :)

Whenever somebody starts with the whole I'm right ur wrong or I know more then u , I just leave it alone with a smart ass comment and move on. Some people r just egoist and hard headed .

11. Yeah u wanted to talk about Beginner sex and how that other guy just "yanked it" mwahahaha
    ;-)

12. Ok. Another question is if I can use ground coffee as fertilizer.

13. Google is your best friend when it comes to weird questions like that one :)

14. Coolcalin812. Make your own thread so you don't clutter this guys up. Also he's not asking how to sex a plant. He's saying he is legally blind and doesn't know how he will be able to see the plant good enough to tell.

OP I would say invest in a good quality camera with a zoom lens that will allow you to get a qualiy close up picture which you could either post here or put on your computer and zoom so you can hopefully make it out.

15. I did check google. But want to know more intel from you. Since you seem like your very experienced.

16. oh hi there, trolls. back to topic.

Im puzzled how youre using this forum if youre blind (but I guess if you are you get stuff like that a lot)... anyways, you can tell the difference between male and female flowers by feeling them pretty easily, if you can manage the rest of a grow then this will definitly not stop you. the first flowers always form on the nodes in the four pits next to the two branches growing right above the two leaves.
    the first female flowers stay very small and grow right in the pit with no stem at the base, those you are most likely to be able to feel (if at all) by the two soft fuzzy hair like things called pistils growing from each one. theyre probably easy to confuse with the two long flat hair-ish things growing to the sides of each node, but those are there starting from the very first nodes of young seedlings, so you should have enough time to get a feel for them.
    male flowers are probably easier to identify by touch. they grow in the same spot as their female counterparts, but often more than one at a time. theyre little football-shaped things with lengthwise ridges kinda like a zeppelin or some types of melon growing on a short stem that ranges from 1 millimeter to several centimeters depending on plant maturity. when they open up and release pollen, male flowers look (and feel) much more like a classic flower than the female ones, consisting of I believe around 6 petals that are wide open, exposing a fragile structure that produces pollen. at this point there will be several flowers per node, hanging from thin stems that reach outwards.

as mentioned by somebody else you can also buy feminized seeds that are (almost) guaranteed to produce all female plants. dont make the common newb mistake of buying autoflowering seeds for wrong reasons though, the only difference with them is that they flower after a set time of 2-6 weeks and not in reaction to the light cycle, which for indoor growing means mainly that you got less control over their size and no way to take cuttings, so you always gotta grow from seed. outdoors they make off-season harvests possible (its especially good to time them so that they finish in summer) and can be grown in very cold climates where regular photoperiod strains would get fucked up by the bad autumn weather before finishing.

17. [quote name='"indicajames123"']Hey everyone I am legally blind and I am hoping to start my grow at some point I am having trouble over coming the sexing part as its not possible to do from vision does anyone have any tips on how to over come this hurdle??? Thanks in advanced for your help[/quote]

Take some photos and post them when it gets time. Odds are someone here at Gc can tell you if you are having problems. That's what a community is about brother.

18. right, that question comes up pretty much every day here and so far none of the people Ive seen asking had the excuse of being blind :D

19. Thanks but im not very experienced just well read on how to grow .( plus got a few grows under my belt) You can never stop learning more, but honestly the coffee thing is just weird cos I've never heard of it or even read about it On any sites . That's why I said google it for urself so u can find out more about the subject.

20. Organic guys chime in and correct me if Im wrong as I never used them, but arent coffee grounds for the worm bin?

Never heard of feeding them to the plant...