Help with setting up an LED closet grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Emtron, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Hey, I'm just about to set up a grow room for flowering and wanted some advice on LED grow lights because that's what I plan to use and have no clue about them.

There is one particular panel I'm looking at, for a very cheap price, so I could buy a few if necessary. Here are it's specifications..

Thermoplastic Circuitry board material
    225 LEDs = 165 Red + 60 Blue Mix
    LED Bulbs Size: Diameter: 5mm
    LED Bulbs Power: Power: 13.8W
    Blue Light Wavelength: 460-465 nm
    Red Light Wavelength: 650-655 nm
    Lumen: Red: 7.2Lux x 165Bulbs/ Blue: 4.5Lux x 60Bulbs
    Voltage: 240V AC
    Size: 30.5cm x 30.5cm x 3cm

Would this go well in a 65x55x160cm grow room?
    And how many would i need?
    I'm thinking i'll use the sea of green technique as i have 30 seedlings at the moment.. Of course, not all will be females, so there won't be that many in the closet.

Any help appreciated, Thanks!!

2. Don't do it! Those panels are completely useless for flowering man at best you may be able to veg seedlings with a few of them. They,re cheap for a reason man I paid £200 for 90 watt tri spectrum UFO and it still isn't very much good for flowering I've added two 65 watt cfls to aid bloom they're cheap and use not very much more power then the LEDs definitely worth investing a few extras pennies in this instance. The 225 panels will not produce a thing. What did you veg with mate?

3. Don't do it! Those panels are completely useless for flowering man at best you may be able to veg seedlings with a few of them. They,re cheap for a reason man I paid £200 for 90 watt tri spectrum UFO and it still isn't very much good for flowering I've added two 65 watt cfls to aid bloom they're cheap and use not very much more power then the LEDs definitely worth investing a few extras pennies in this instance. The 225 panels will not produce a thing. What did you veg with mate??!!

4. Havn't finished vegging.. They're still seedlings..
    I'm using two 2ft 18w GroLux Fluros in a Clone Tent.

If I were to purchase a HPS lamp as well as the LEDs, but kept the LEDs at 12/12 and HPS lamp at short times throughout the day, would that still be a no?
    The reason why I was going with the LEDs are the electricity costs and heat problems..

Thanks.