Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with self consciousness

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by its.Blaze, Nov 13, 2013.

1. I've been smoking for a year but not daily because I have a very busy schedule. But at least I have every month since then. The only problem I'm trying to deal with is self-consciousness when high. My first 15 times smoking were amazing but then after that I started feeling paranoid about every little thing. After I dealt with paranoia (which I learned to control) I began to get very self conscious. I think a lot of shit like about my friends and family members like how they would fuck me over for the smallest things.

When I have social conversations with people while high I'd basically over think what ppl tell me and I assume they don't like me or are talking shit about me with other people.

Is there a way to control my self consciousness. I'm very sociable while sober and especially when I drink beer. But once I smoke, it's like i get very self conscious. I don't want to quit smoking because i pretty much love it and am married to mary jane  :smoking:  like all you tokers are too ha.

So any tips to stop being self conscious?

2. Try meditation and learning to clear your mind. Be still and imagine yourself as a being of light, shining. Its you. Now think no other thought, until you are not thinking at all. You're becoming anxious because while high your insecurities are revealing themselves to you. Its ok, I used to get it too. But after becoming ok with your thoughts, when you smoke, those issues are not curled up inside anymore. Love yourself, give no time of day to what others think. Say what you mean, mean what you say. And enjoy your time while high buddy!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Its not the weed its you. I'm also very introverted and self concious so whenever I smoke or party with more than 5 or 6 people or people I don't know extremely well I always make sure to drink some

4. Just sitback watch some tv and enjoy it. helped me

5. everyone is self conscious to an extent. And its a good thing. It is what stops you from going out into public looking like a slob. Having anxiety when talking to people is probably in part due to the weed, and being socially awkward. There comes a time in your life when you will grow out of it and just stop caring. When that time comes is entirely dependant upon you

6. #6 DoctorReefer, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
    just stop thinking about it. It seems like you already know which of these thoughts are true and which are just a result of your being self conscious. When those thoughts come up just try to reasses them, break it down to the simplest big picture level. like I'm chillin here smoking a bunt with my friends, shooting the shit, and that's it. after that just stop yourself from diving deeper, even though i know that's what you instimctually want to do. just don't because you know you've done it a million times before and it doesn't bring any thing good. 

Honestly its not even the weed probably, its just that you have thought that thought so many times before, your brain cells have formed a group and your brain has built a nerological pathway to that thought pattern. so basically the only reason you are having these problems is because youve had these thoughts so many times in the past that you are rooted to them automaticaly.  it is below your consious thought at this point, but if you make an effort to fix yourself  and to stop using these pathways as often they deteriorate and new ones form to better thoughts, and then those thoughts go below your consciousness and you have actually changed as a person because you used your mind to rewire your brain.

I go through the same exact shit. 

7. Dude you're a real genius. Seriously no one could ever explain that as good as you lol im not saying the other responses weren't helpful but all these responses seem kinda helpful. I havent smoked for a couple days now so i'm going to try reconnecting and see how well i control my thoughts.

8. Thanks, its nice to hear i'm a genius ^_^  lol. honestly, its just because i have the same problems and Ive been doing research to try to get some answers. Something that actually changed who I am for the better was meditating. 

Even just some deep breathing real quick actually naturally helps your anxiety, but meditating really helps you in regard to controlling your thoughts. You'll actually learn that you can't controll them at all. Your brain is constantly sending you thoughts, most of them are honestly bad ones, but with meditation you learn to sort the good from the bad and you earn to just let the bad pass you by like credits on a movie screen.

9. meditation is way more than that actually, but its a different thing for everyone, that was just one benefit i was talking about. Damn, typing this makes me wanna meditate again. (i haven't since i left college for summer break last year) Even though I only got into it for a short time, It made me realize shit. I mean psychedelics did too, but honestly even with cid, All the realizations and epiphanies don't mean shit if you don't take action,  now i'm just high and rambling cause its fun lol sorry. 

10. theres is no easy answer to this but to learn yourself and piece the puzzle together brother