Help with Scrog Screen Size

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mynameiswho, Sep 11, 2011.

1. I am running a 400 watt mh/hps with 4 plants. I was originally planning to do a 3x3' screen so each plant gets 1.5 sqft to fill. I also planned to do 1x1" squares.

I was trying to find a similar grow and couldnt find much info. Just read a lot of people saying 3x3' might be a little too big and that 2x2" squares are better. Although those were all 600watt grows.

Just lookin to get some opinions on a screen that size. I plan to keep the light as close as possible to maximize the efficiency of the light.

Thanks

2. don't overthink it... 2x2 is fine... 1x1 can work....

put your screen at the 1/3 total size you want the plant to get.... and flip to flower when the screen is mostly full...

start a journal... love to read it

3. right on i might just split the difference and do 1.5"x1.5" and see how that works.

Its actually at my friends place but ill probably be able to convince him to start one.

I also have my own setup running. Im doing 2 150watt's with a 1.5'x1.5' screen with 1"x1" holes. my 3rd grow and im shooting for at least a qp.

I've been debating starting a journal for that one as well, although my last two ended up being kinda pointless without any one but myself posting.

4. i read alot of material... you start the thread... shoot me a PM and ill read and post... Id love to follow along

5. With a 400w, I would do a 30"x30" trellis. Puts ya at 64 watts per sqft and 15"x15" area per plant. I would do 3" or 1.5" for spacing the grid, mainly cuz it works well with the dimensions. 1" would be too tight for my clumsy hands to work with, lol. Cheers!