help with rust color

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HGG3211, Dec 31, 2021.

1. That makes sense. Your 250W Viparspectra light should do alright for creating them. In that case, I'd give it a week and see how they've progressed before you decide to reveg or start over.

2. I didn't switch the light schedule before that happened. I could be wrong but I think I got autos. The hairs coming out is what made me switch the schedule

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. If you didn't switch to 12/12 and they're flowering, they're definitely autos. Ya, let's see how they look in a week.

What nutes are you giving right now?

4. I started 20/4 light cycle. Stayed that way untill I saw hairs then. Took about a week I kinda shocked it into 12/12 been like that for about 5 weeks... Do I need to put it back on a longer light cycle? It's only been about 3 weeks since I almost killed it. Been using FF TRIO. TIGER BLOOM and a lil bit of super thrive

5. Yeah actually 12/30/21 was the day I watered it and cause it to get light burned. 21 days on the head now since I almost killed about 24-25 total since I saw first hair.

6. Autos don't need the 12/12. They can stay at longer light durations.

Do you have any calmag? You should it to your feed.

7. Changing the schedule back to 20 and 4 won't cause it to herm out or anything? And no I can get it though.

8. I haven't grown autos, so I cant say for sure, but a friend of mine on here has. @trojangrower OP has plants that started flowering before the light was changed to 12/12. Based on that, I think it must be an auto and would actually do better back at longer light schedules. Base on the assumption it's an auto, would there be any reason to be worried about causing her to herm?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. heya guys. Sometimes plants show sex before flowering, but its not 'flowering', just some early signs. Can we see a picture of the plant?
    Some peeps use 24/0 for autos, I just did a couple and was running at 20/4. BUT the one auto started to reveg, therefore I pulled the time back to 18/6. Helped it not reveg, but started to foxtail... doesn't bother me so much because the plant is meant for extracts (its a cbd plant). The point I'm making is that if you have an auto plant, best not to mess with the light schedule too much or it may reveg; but this is anecdotal.
    This is the plant the day I harvested (last few days ago)
    upload_2022-1-21_22-29-5.png
    its big and fluffy, foxtailed and you can see the spoilers look like reveg. It stopped when I chocked to 18/6.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Let me chime in here gents. I would leave it at 12/12. I have had a plant flower early for no reason while the same seeds from the seed bank in the same conditions at the same time didn't. So it's really up to you to see this thread until the end. That makes us smarter too. Like a symbiotic organism.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Not sure if these are good enough. Based on the info y'all gave me in gonna say I just started week 4 of flower over the weekend

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yeah. The earlier pics I had 5. Then I realized I had 2 males dropped to 3. When I trained the one this post is about I didn't have room for the other monster. So I gave the last 2 to a friend. Left me with her.

13. That is amazing

Sent from my SM-G781U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. If its an auto 12/12 will lower your yield significantly. How many hairs did you see when you decided to switch light schedules? If it was just a couple scattered hairs it was probably a photo showing her sex. If it was many hairs clustered around budsites its definitely an auto and needs 18+ hours of light for a good yield.

15. Yeah you are right. I changed the light schedule back to 18-6. It was on 12-12 for a lil over 2 weeks. After I almost killed it I figured a lil extra dark would only promote positive healing and growth. I only came to realization that it was Auto or the last week or so

16. 16433168305491128105097458392868.jpg 16433168836293930760756878128631.jpg saturday will be the end of the week all the buds have doubles or better since the last pic on Monday. What yall think I might be working with yield wise?