help with rust color

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HGG3211, Dec 31, 2021.

1. first time gettin this far. about 8 weeks total since germination. im gettin the rust colored spots after i watered her. i have been using FF nutes. big bloom grow big and i just stared using the tiger bloom because its just started pre flowering. its not on the the older fan leaves im noticing it on mainly the new growth. the new growth is result of me LST the second set of long branches. im indoors with a tent. viparP1000 light no exhaust 10in desk fan inside for airflow. using MG soil. didnt know i was supposed to mix with perlite and other things. 3 gal grow bag. never checked levels of anything. just been loving on it best i felt i could. any tips on the reason for the rust spots or ways to check the imbalances would def be appreciated.

2. Back your light off. That's a nice looking training job you got going on there. MG likes to go hydrophobic. Check your soil down low and see if it's dry. Cut a slit an inch or two from the bottom you can stick your finger into.

3. thanks Harry. does back my light off mean raise it higher or dim down intensity some? i watered it with a good bit of tap water then the next day it was doing this. i didnt check the ph runoff but i assumed since no fugus was present it was a magnesium block out due to the heavy cal in the tap water. i made a solution with vinegar and water to lower ph some. this morning the leaves and branches are greener but kinda wilted.

4. thanks Harry. does back my light off mean raise it higher or dim down intensity some? i watered it with a good bit of tap water then the next day it was doing this. i didnt check the ph runoff but i assumed since no fugus was present it was a magnesium block out due to the heavy cal in the tap water. i made a solution with vinegar and water to lower ph some this morning the leaves and branches are greener but kinda wilted.

5. Looks like light burn. Did you get the leaves wet while you were watering with the light on?
    The water standing on the leaves acts as a magnifying glass and will burn the leaf tissue.
    Turn off/ dimm your lights when watering or foliar spraying. :thumbsup:

6. holy shit i didnt think about that. yeah i sprayed them with the light on 100% and i lowered the light closer. oh i thought sprayijng would help keep the leaves full and healthy. my inexperienced ass. thank you JMcGD

7. is there a bounce back method to the light damage?

8. No worries, we’re all still learning here!
    No bounce back, those leaves will never recover, although they didn’t look too bad. The dead tissue will not repair itself, but the leaf might survive. I’d leave them alone, you should be fine. If they look like they are dying remove them. :thumbsup:

9. Here is the now unfortunately. Had to cut a lot of dried up dead leaves

Attached Files:

10. Ouch:thumbsdown:
    But it looks like you did a good job. It should recover:thumbsup:

11. You're starting to get some clawed leaves. I would back off the N for a watering or two.

12. nitrogen or nutes in general?

13. they're light burned. i watered with it super close to light and on 100%.

14. Here's what I'm taking about.

Screenshot_20220102-161037_Chrome.jpg

Just keep an eye on the other leaves to make sure it doesn't continue to effect the rest of the plant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'll be in week 6 of flower Saturday 13 total Sunday. Started out light burned but I failed to mention that when asking for help. So I did some very "green" shit and almost killed her. Messed up so bad had to dig her up while in the first couple weeks of flower and replant completely with a root wash. Most of the fan leaves died or dried up. What y'all think on the come back game?

16. At 6 weeks, they look more like they're at 3. It's gonna be a very long flower time to get them to the finish with an acceptable yield for you.

I think you might be better off to either reveg them, grow them out healthy and then flower all over again, or start over with new beans.

18. Ok question is it in flower when the white hairs first appear? If not how long after? Originally based on pics I looked up and when I started actually seeing that is turning into buds it would only be 3 weeks into flower.

19. The white hairs are the first thing you see that indicate flowering has started after you switch to 12/12.