Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with rings

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by diasdelphx, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Hey! It may not sound too seasoned, but I just cant blow smoke rings! Ive been smoking for years and I cant get the right muscle movements or whatever to blow a half decent ring! Ive looked at videos and everything but I cant get it own. If you have any tricks you wanna share id appreciate it a lot.

2. This is how I do it:

1) Make your mouth into an "O". Not quite small enough to say, "boo" but not big enough to say "Oh" either. Somewhere in between. You'll adjust as you'll learn.

2) Keep your liups like that. Practice flicking your tongue in and out of your mouth. You know how you stuck your tongue out when you were a little kid?
    [​IMG]
    Do that. Now do it somewhat quickly, and in and out. Not quite lightning-quick like a snake, but almost like that. In-out. In-out.

3) Now practice doing it but without sticking your tongue all the way out. Keep your mouth in that "O" shape with your lips round. In-out, only not all the way like the little girl above.

4) Now that you have the movement down, keep doing it, but keep your tongue in your mouth completely. When you're blowing smoke, the objective is not to stick your tongue out, but just to give the smoke a nice small "push" with your mouth. You don't want to "PUFF" it out. Just know that any movement forward with your tongue will cause smoke to come out. Too much push, and it'll break up the smoke ring. In-out. In-out. Very slight.

5) Now try taking a puff. Maybe practice with cigarettes, because it'll also take a while to get the hang of it, so maybe you won't want to waste weed. To make a good visible ring, you'll need to keep at least some smoke concentrated in your mouth. If you inhale all your drag, the cloud will come out of your lungs too diluted and thin, mixed with other air. You want only smoke. YOU WILL NOT BE EXHALING WHEN YOU DO IT - ONLY YOUR TONGUE WILL DO THE PUSHING OF THE AIR.

6) After taking your puff and keeping smoke in your mouth, forma ring with your mouth and push with your tongue. Try it in a bathroom mirror so you can get the hang of it. Cigars are nice because they'll keep producing all the smoke you want. Push, push, push, in-out, in-out, in-out. If you're lucky, you'll get a few round things. Keep trying, and you'll get the hang of it.

FINAL NOTE: It's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to do outdoors. Any breeze, even one too light to feel, will ruin the ring. Do it indoors.

Hope this helps. Some people do it by slightly closing their jaw, pushing out a bit of smoke. But I find the tongue is the easiest and creates small, tight circles.

3. cool ill try that, thanks loads bro

4. You are not supposed to use your tongue to do it, but for some people it works. I geuss I shouldn't have said your not supposed to. Another way is to like use your throat to push it out, thats the way I learned to do it, and how my buddies do it.

5. someone tried teaching me how using my throat, i couldn't do them, i am definitely going to be practicing with that way whoever posted above. seems easy. i can do huge kill hits but not smoke rings.

6. I did one perfectly once. Only once. Thansk to circular breathing, though, my French inhales are top notch...lol

(good) Rings are the shit, though. Good luck.

7. That's how I learned to do it too. your tongue just kinda gets out of the way on its own when you do it this way. :D

8. If this wasn't the exact way I do it I would be so confused lol. I lift my tounge a little too, gives it a nice big center.

9. thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it, If I ever get it ill post a celebratory picture!