Help with Rapid Rooters

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fairchild73, Apr 30, 2011.

1. I recently lost a whole crop of clones and I think I over watered them. The just got limp and the stem turned to mush.

I have only used rockwool in the past, and just tried these rapid rooters. Should I pre-soak these things overnight? Do they hold water differently than rockwool?

Also, should I mist the dome that the clones are in daily? I am getting the impression that I am just giving them too much water, but I have seen so mnay different peices of advice on this that I am just lost.

Thanks for the help! :smoke:

2. Rapid rooters dry faster than rockwool FYI. Watch out for drying.

3. Thanks for the response bumpme. Have you grown with Rapid Rooters? How wet do you keep them? I really wonder how often I should mist the leaves on really small cuttings?

I have heard that they should be misted each day once, once every few days, and not at all for the first week. :confused:

4. Clone the sublbc way. Search YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

5. i've never used rapid rooters myself (do they not have any directions on packet?) but as for watering/misting, assumeing you have a clear top(obviously) on cloning box/chamber i just make sure that has mist on it(just looks like its been raining on the inside lol), once that starts to go i respray the inside lid & rarely spray onto the clones, when i use rockwool for cloning is just keep it nicely moist throughout but not wet, hope thats of some help

ps one of the main things to remember is you need to keep the RH at 80-100% inside your cloning box