Help with pot size.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jblewballz, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Ok I can only grow 2 plants in 3 gallon smart pots. My problem is I dont have any feminized seeds left, just the freebies you get. So I figure I would grow 6 plants and weed out the males. But my question is I usually mainline them to have 16 colas in 3 gallon smart pots. But can I use 1 gallon smart pots to the point when they can be sexed. Or can i let them grow from seed to a couple nodes height, then switch to 12/12 until they show signs of sex. Then remove the males and throw the ladies in a 3 gallon and switch light back ton16/8 to finish veg training. Or can that cause too much stress on her and possible hermie. Or can i flower them in a 1 gallon and support mainlining with 16 colas. If im babbling, or typos, i am stoned so, sorry lol

2. What ever you like .

3. I would take clones and force flower the clones to determine sex. that way you don't have to reveg and all that bullshit

• Like Like x 1
  4. I quess my question is would a 1 gallon smart pot be good enough to support a healthy plant till harvest that is about 2' tall?

5. i would say no. I use a 3 gallon by 1 ft tall, and switch to 5 for flower. it can be done, but don't expect too much. you dont have any buckets lying around? just drill some holes in the bottom. or go to a local nursery or bakery and they will probably give you pots for free. i get mine 5 gallon and 3 gallons from a grocery store

6. not pots, buckets you can convert to pots. just ask if they have any buckets they're throwing away. if they say no, go around back to the dumpster. Just make sure wherever you get them, scrub them out with bleach water to remove any contaminates. mine were covered in chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry frosting lol

7. yes, one gallon is plenty big to sex a plant.