Help with ph meter

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KRUNK, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Can someone please explain to me how to use this meter please its the milwaukee ph600. just what do i do to opening it to teating the water

Attached Files:

2. It says toalways keep the ph probe wet with water does that mean once i open it i just leave it in water 24/7. sorry for the noob questiions guys just i know you all are great with helpinh out and i appreciate it alot!!

3. These things typically come with instructions or listed on line somewhere, don't they? Anyway, the meter has a cap on it covering the probe part. What you do is take some ph'd water that's a known number like 7 or 4 and put a little of it in the cap so when the meter has its cap on the probe remains moist. What I did was a put a small piece of paper towel in the cap and some PH water and that keeps it moist no problem. So, when I use the meter I just turn it on and let the number reading settle or tweak to the ph I know is being probed in the cap and that gives a solid reference to check other PH. Make sure you wash off the meter before sticking the cap back on so the ph water in the cap doesn't get its ph reading polluted. Store vertically, cap end down.

4. Thanks man!!