Help With Parents

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Sunnydlite22, May 9, 2014.

1. I am 18 years old. I have been caught smoking by my parents multiple times, along with sneaking out, and drinking. Last time they caught me they found 10g in a jar with a scale because I had been selling on a very small scale to my friends. They also found a vaporizer, but they let me keep it since they know it was so much money. This was last august and I haven't smoked since then. I feel very guilty from lying to them. They have been very good parents to me and have never lied to me about stuff, and I feel bad as though I've been a bad son to them. I don't think pot is bad, just a fun thing to do although I think it's bad if you use it to escape problems. I told them when they caught me that I was going to smoke again, I mean if I kept the vape then obviously I will. I just want them to understand that I will be responsible and that I will make good choices. Over all I am a good person. I try to be kind to people, I'm 12 in my class out of 400, going to university at buffalo engineering in the honors college on a big academic scholarship, and have never got in trouble with the law. I motivate my self a lot in art, music, and sports. The only way I have been a bad son is betraying their trust, and I promised them and myself that I wouldn't puff again til I would be honest with them about it.
    Background on my parents:
    Both were raised by pastors. Mom in Fresno, dad in rural Ontario. Both grew up being told drugs were bad. My dad never even drank til his late 20s, and has never even been drunk he says.
    Id just like some advice on what to do. In no way do I feel like I need to smoke, and I'm a happy person without it. I just want to be able to do what I want. Thanks for reading

2. If you want to "do what you want" than move out of their house and get an apartment.

At your own place, you can do whatever the fuck you want and be like:

[​IMG]

3. Props for quitting, I assume they know you did...but regardless it's your life, you have respect for your parents and are aware of how their upbringing affected their lives. You however enjoy smoking a plant which may not be in line with their beliefs, just do your best to have a proper balance between every aspect in life and do what you do as it seems your a smart dude. Smoke weed if you want, try not to let guilt play its part, look for other avenues.

4. You sound like someone who has a good understanding for the plight of others and what affects their views, which is quite a deep level of thinking. Considering your parents upbringing, I think it's unlikely you'll be able to significantly change their viewpoints on the herb. I'd suggest that you abide by their rules and be respectful whilst the responsibility of your existence rests with them. At such point that you've sorted your own accommodation and money you can begin to offer positive views on marijuana and present factual information about the perceived negativity surrounding it. It won't happen overnight, but if you can show that your life can remain perfectly on track whilst smoking the herb, their opinions will change.

5. Have you had a legit discussion with them about it? They don't seem like the overzealous type if they let you keep your vape.