Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help With Parents (different)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by random9899, Oct 2, 2008.

1. #1 random9899, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
    So I guess I'll start by saying that I have a bit of a unique situation--my parents (my mom at least) is thankfully enough of a progressive thinker that she doesn't believe all of the propaganda and government-funded studies regarding weed, and is more or less "ok" with the idea of me smoking responsibly, although she will never come out and say this openly. Obviously there is a bit of tension, because she has a pretty good idea that I smoke occasionally but has no proof, and I never answer her question directly when she asks. Since trust is such a huge aspect in our relationship, it would be much better if we could just talk about it openly in a way where she wouldn't lose trust in me as a responsible individual who is not about to let a drug control my life.

My question to you: Is there any specific movie, piece of evidence, study, story or report that might give her the last little push that she needs to be able to both respect my decisions, and understand that it is possible to responsibly use weed just like an individual might have a couple drinks every now and then.

2. the documentary "grass" is a great unbiased and professional look at marijuana and the contreversy surrounding it, from the start of the century to fairly recently. plus, woody harrelson narrates it, and he's a huge spokesperson for norml, so you could use that as a tie in to show your mom the norml website and open her mind just that little bit extra you need to. : ) good luck!

3. ^ that'll be cool

4. I have an unbiased website that says "show me the facts" and it shows all the myths, legends, and misconceptions of marijuana, also the facts, it is book marked at home I will reply to this thread so you can let your mom decide what she wants, i get off work in 6 hours so I will repost then :p

5. i just posted this in a different thread but whatev

[​IMG]

this is from the facts section of www.saferchoice.org
    a group in Colorado that argues how MJ is safer than alcohol

6. I would show her NORMLs site, look up some of the studies done in england because they have done alot and basically support it. Other than that I would say once you sit down to actually talk to her, tell her that your safe doing it, let her know your not a stupid idiot sterotype. Make her feel like she raised a good kid and that you have good judgement.