Help with Overwatered plants!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PurpAndSyrup, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I went home for Thanksgiving and made a complete rookie mistake by giving the plants more water then usual since I wouldn't be back for a couple days. I came back and my plant was sitting in mud basically. It wasn't flooded with water, but it did make the soil really muddy and it looks like gumbo soil now lol. It didn't look bad yesterday so Im hoping someone can help me out and I can fix it asap. I already dug up about half of the soil and filled it back up with some really dry soil, will this work and help my plant recover? Or should I totally re-plant? The plants leaves are drooping but not too bad, I don't think anything has permanantly hurt the plants yet! Please help so I can fix this asap! Thanks

2. Do they not have any drainage out of the bottom of the pot? If not, that's your first problem. Good soil is almost impossible to over water, I've got so much perlite in my soil, it would be impossible. Don't tool with the soil in the pot or you can screw up your roots.

3. Totally replant!!! You can drowned them... Be very gentle on them. Also you lacked to tell how old they are, but in this case it sounds like your drainage isn't the best either, what kind if soil are you using...

4. they could get root rot.

repot them promptly with an inch of stone at the bottom of the pot and a tray for drainage.

5. Disagree with the inch of rocks at the bottom, give your roots as much space to grow, perlite mixed in your medium will do the trick!!

6. With a good soil it shouldn't matter how much you water them - it should drain on its own. Since I'm seeing that you took part of the soil out, did you put the same type of soil that gets muddy back in?

J