Help with next grow please!?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by mmmmkayyy, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Ok sorry this will be a bit long.. I now have 2 1k hps in an grow area that is 7x7x8h. I have great air movement, no need for co2, big carbon, perfect air temps, 50 gallon rez on four plastic fence tubes with 50 3" holes/stations.. I have grown 28 plants with trimming throughout the grow but still very dense and hard to manage.. I am afraid to trim to much and I think I under do it because of that... This harvest I had 1k hps and added another half way through a 65 day finish. I yielded 30 oz's. I want to know how to maximize the space and not over crowd it.. Want good big colas and less side stuff so to speak... So please give me guidence on what to do? How many plants, how much and when to trim ect. I use great nutes Botanicare Pro Bloom for soil but as I said I use it in hydro tubes.. Those tubes have sprayers on top and good run back for a kind of areo/NFT film affect... Ph stays great at around 5.7 and I like to drop it to 5.3 some of the grow because I read in a good book that in hydro max uptake of P/k is acheived at 5.2.. But for the most part I keep it at 5.7 and top off with fresh water every day and renute to around 900ppm till big buds are formed and then inch it up to 1200/1300/1500 for last 3 weeks or so... Went a bit high this last grow and do not think it was right for them... It accidentally got up to 1980 when I was out of town for three days but all that said hope an expert can advise me on best option for big yields... Thanks for help...... ​

2. 3 words bro, screen of green. Use a trellis or netting to train the plants, this gives each growth node as much light as possible as well as give you the larger cola effect on all nodes!!

3. You talking scrog there?? I have 5, count that 5 mason jars packed with just the GOOD popcorn from this last grow.. 13 regular jars of bigger buds.. It takes forever to trim out the popcorn and drives me nuts!!! But in the end it is all great but would rather get the same yield from bigger buds. Less time/work...:mad: