Help with new grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chiphaven, May 18, 2010.

1. I want to start a 1st time grow and was going to do it in a pc grow box. I am moving to different room and it has huge closets so I thought I might change my grow box. My only concerns are if my parents come to visit or if people open my closet, so it doesn't need to be extremely stealthy, but it cant stand out either. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

2. I take it your in a dorm,odor gonna be your biggest problem.

3. I'm in the same predicament. I decided to just attach a homemade carbon scrubber to a pc fan for the exhaust...I figured it should cover up most of the smell.

4. im not worried about odor, really only worried that it will stand out and people will ask whats inside.

5. Well odor make it stand out just a few flowering plants will stink out a whole house.Other wise are you worried about light leaks,noise?I'd put a lock on the door for starters.

6. I like the PC grow case because even my parents who visit rarely would not question that. I dont like how small that space is. I am hoping to find something else like that which nobody would ask whats inside.

7. If a PC is to small for you then I would choose a small cabinet or shelving unit that you can close off. You can find a beat up old cabinet for like 5$ at a garage sale and then just take off the doors, fix it up put the doors back on and PRESTO!!! GROW BOX!! haha

But yes put a lock on it of some sort. You can use almost any space to grow and with the cabinet you can cut holes for fans both intake and out and light seal it so your not having a glowing box in your closet. Read some more on the forum and look online or in your house for something that you can light seal, drill holes in for fans, and grow your baby in! Hope that helps.