Help with new glass peice

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Wafflemao, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Okay, first post here we go, hope this is posted in the correct area. The other day I purchased my first peice, a cheap spoon pipe from a local gas station for 10$ after being fed up with smoking out of coke cans and other home-made peices. Being a novice smoker I wasn't really sure what to look for in a spoon pipe and I just purchased one I thought was attractive to the eye. When I get home and attempt to smoke out of the pipe I notice that the hole between the bowl and the pipe itself is rather large, so large that if I try to use a grinder I'll get scooby snacks from hell because the hole is so large. The way I've been getting around the problem is I will put a rather large peice of bud into the hole and basically block it up and that works pretty well untill you get to the last hit and you end up getting a little treat to notify that the bowl is cached. I was wondering if there was anyway around this rather then just tossing the cheap bowl away and purchasing a nicer one from the local head shop? I was wondering if there was some type of filter or something I could put to stop the problem, not sure if they make anything like that or if there is anyway to ghetto rig this but any help at all would be apperciated. :smoke: I'll post a picture later if neccesary of the bowl itself.

2. There is. They are called screen / gauzes. Usually free from the LHS, or cheap for a pack of 'em. They come in metal and glass, I prefer glass for the taste, but lets more material through than a metal screen.

You can also get a metal screen from under your faucet for a quick fix.

3. Yeah just get a screen or a glass aschatcher/screen. They are little glass things you put in your bowl and they stop it from snapping. Also a metal screen you just put in there twill be great. You wont get ash through anymore.

4. brass screen or glass screen :cool::smoke:

5. #5 Wafflemao, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
    Appreciate the help so much guys, using the faucet idea currently and it's working fine, prolly going to pick up glass screen later for minimizing the taste, thanks all.

6. Just a note, the glass screens actually help preserve the taste of the bud, that's what PostPavilion meant. Metal screens could taste a bit....ehhhh.

7. Yea that's what I meant, I meant to once again minimize the metal taste, was refrencing back to the smoking out of coke can. Worded it rather oddly though.