Help with my scrog

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BBCHEDDA, Aug 14, 2015.

1. So I'm giving the scrog a go this time, is there any particular way I should direct the plants once there going through the net or am I right in saying I just keep pushing towards the empty space and it will just eventually fill up?
    Also when should I take some of the lower branches off?

A pic of the top and a couple from underneath

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439574345.812236.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439574357.200221.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439574368.072037.jpg

2. Keep pushing the fast tops to hard to reach holes until all holes are filled.
    I have tried trimming the branches and not trimming. I get more bud not trimming. That whole thing about give resources to the top buds did not pan out. I did not get a lot from lower branches, but we did get some. The top buds yielded the same.
    So we stopped trimming. If you still want to trim, do it before flowering.

3. Thanks for your reply mate, once I've tooked the tops under the net will they keep growing also or just keep growing new tops?
    Trying to get my head behind all the theory

4. Keeping the tops from growing upward will stimulate all lower branches to grow. It happens almost over night.
    Can you tell what branch is the top?
    [​IMG]

5. Yes the plants was topped and both tops are touching the net, so now all the lower branches will grow?
    So I shouldn't look at chopping any of that?
    Any idea how long you'd think that net to fill out with my four plants under a 600w MH

6. Every plant grows at a different rate. but all will fill the screen if done correct. Just keep pulling the fast tops off to hard to reach holes.. Will take a few days, but you will see the lower branches start to go crazy

7. So pull this has wide has they can possibly go?

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439691775.337475.jpg

Two days later is this looking like I'm doing it correctly?

9. Thanks
    What happens when I fill the side of the net but have shut loads of space in the middle cow my sides are filling out much quicker than the centre.
    Also should I remove any of the big fan leave when I turn it to help the tops push through or will they just force through any way

Cheers BBCHEDDA

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439884832.312661.jpg

10. Just do the best you can filling all the holes. It is not always possible. When the screen is mostly filled in the places it can reasonably get to, let the tops go through. The plant will decide what leaves are needed. The ones at the bottom will yellow and fall off, but don't pick them until completely brown and dried. The leaves convert a lot of light to energy. Lots of new growers think the bud needs more light, but pulling the leaves off just retards growth and yield. If your bud needs more light, then get more light, but the fan leaves are providing the light to the bud.
    It is possible to get some nice looking bud from a plant with no leaves (this is a weed). But to see the potential, you have to keep them on. If you need to trim back branches, do it before you switch the lights.

11. Subbed up, I have nothing to offer right now as I agree with everything Rumple has said, and I think he has covered everything you have asked but if you need any further help ill pop back in at some point

12. Slowly getting there, I think it maybe full in another week or so

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440017017.302028.jpg

13. Should all of the holes eventually have budsites?

14. most of them, but it doesn't have to be all

15. What you reckon guys? Another week??
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440370177.214081.jpg

16. Hey guys should I have a couple many main stems with lots of little thing branches coming off does that sound right?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Also how much should I let the plant grow through the net before I start ticking because I've literally been pushing them back under soon has they pop through