Help with my clone please?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MrYolify, Jul 22, 2013.

1. #1 MrYolify, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    My friend gave me a clone and i didnt know much about growing, but knowing a little bit about plants i thought if i let it sit in water it would be ok until i was able to put it in a medium, I put it in some miracle grow soil and watered it, I guess its over watered now from what ive been told. But i was bout to transfer it then i saw it still hadnt even started rooting so i put it back in water for it to root. Is my plant going to die? I'm just keeping it in water until it roots, where the roots should be growing there is no light leaking in the plastic thing i used is covered in plastic tape

P.S. 
    The plants are very droopy, its still green and its not crispy

2. You are supposed to cut the stalk at an angle and use cloning gel in rockwool. Please let us know if your plant roots.

3. so wait you got a clone then put it in like what a cup of water? then you put it in miracle grow then back into the water?
    the plug the clone is sitting in should be just touching water it will suck up what it needs if its siting in water its going to get to much and die and why did you try to put it in soil before it had any roots?
    im going to say your outlook dose not look good atm

4. I didnt know anything about plants so i just went on a whim. How should I do it? I really need help can i message someone?

5. If you have an aquarium pump, try throwing the air stone in the cup with the clone. I do something similar to this with a coffee can set up. Its a DIY in my sig. complete with pics.

Oxygenated water coupled with misting. Nothing else...not even leaf trimming.

6. #6 BudButler, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    look up some cloning guides on youtube that parts been done but its good to know if your using a cup just add enough water for it to drink but not super soaked and make a small humidity dome out of a ziplock or just run to a grow store near by and buy a cloning try for like 3 bucks wait for it to have roots before you put it into soil or it will die out should take like 7 to 14 days maybe a little longer and it still needs light but humidity is the real key or so i understand
    coffee can cloner works a