Help with my baby,

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by streaksend42, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Can anyone help me out with what I can do to these two little ones?

Currently one has the top leaves curling up and into itself and looks like its drying up, but I know for a fact that I dont over water it. I just wet the dirt till i get a drip on the bottom of the pot.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

** sorry forgot to add that the other plant had a brown spot on the top of one leaf/yellowing along the bottom. **

My Ph meter showed a ph of 6.7

Attached Files:

2. im no expert, actually this is only my second grow, but to me it looks like that dirt you got is no good, is all clumpy and doesnt look to rich in nutrients, id try and get some better soil, and fill the pot a bit more, havin it lower in pot can lead to mold i hear.... also it looks like a leaf was eatin, so if it was soil from outside maybe pests also..

3. actually that looks like Miracle Grow soil for me.

4. Doesn't look like any miracle grow I've ever used/seen. Without more information though, we're just WAGing (wild ass guessing).

Here are some questions that need answered for you to get some informed replies. ;)

5. Currently im actually using a mixture, half walmart brand soil and half from a compost soil that I got from work (landscaping). Im not sure what it is, I just picked up an Oz one time and got 5 seeds from a bag of generic headies. (nothing special but definitely wanted to grow atleast one plant, but ended up growing them all). The plants are currently at 2 weeks. The other three plants are doing magnificent, just those two that are having the slight problem. currently using two flood lights (about 80 watts(each), 1310 lumen (each), raised about three ft. from the plant. Currently have them on 18 hrs of day 6 of night. Im currently not giving a set aount of water, i just add water till the top is moist and there is some dropplets comming from the bottom of the pot. Ph is 6.7 on both the little sick ones, and just a tad bit lower on the other ones (6.5, 6.6, etc, but all with in .3 of each other, none being over 7). 3 Gallon pots being used. I check for insects every day... none that have caught my eye. Stuck in two night crawlers per pot to keep the soil loose. Currently room temperature reads 71 F. The one that is starting to brown and curl was acutally starting to get this shiny glittery coat on the leaves, but then the next day started curling more, and more. Im not sure what else to say, but I really dont want these two young ones to die.... unless theyr male or hermies. haha

6. Any suggestions on a good nutrient mix or product to add to help these little ones?

7. Fow Farms Veg formula. Grow Big is what I think it's called. Get the Grow Big and Big Bloom from fox farms. They'll lower your PH and keep your girls looking beautiful. Look it up!

8. Thanks! Im on my way right now to go get it. haha. I also ordered some seeds off attitude, I think imma wait till these little ones get a bit bigger before I start on the seeds I actually ordered. But once again thanks. Ill keep yall posted on how the little ones do.

9. Yup yup, not a prob. PM me if you have questions. I just started a grow and exchange of ideas would be cool.