Help with my 12 day old plants

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by bp8737, Jan 1, 2021.

1. This damage occurred overnight. That were beautiful and healthy just a day before. I’m using Advanced nutrients three-part Ph perfect, AN, cal-mag, and one milliliter of Humboldt’s Secret Golden Tree. Two days ago, I saw the sure signs of under-watering, and started to water everyday to runoff. Now I was going with the nutrients to 20% runoff with the PPM’s at 730, with an initial 150 PPM’s to start from the well water I use in the state of Maine. This water has been thru a pur water filter. The day I don’t give nutrients, I give water till there is very little runoff. I ph the water going in and the test coming out are always within the sweet range. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 JoshuaE, Jan 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Ppm/ec is way too high for those little guys. Also those water drops on the leaves are no good. Looks like your environment is out of control .
    Im feeding this plant at the same levels you are feeding yours. (for a reference).
    Also you should be feeding with every watering, don't do the alternating thing. I would be in the neighborhood of 250ppm for the size and age of your plants. Are your ppms from the 500 scale?

Attached Files:

3. If you don’t mind answering a couple of questions. Even with the PP’s too high, they were doing fine, albeit redness on the stem, but no burn. It wasn’t until I gave them well water yesterday (150 ppm through pur water filter without nutrients, that was Ph’d to 5.9 with little runoff at 2 pm EST yesterday, and I woke up to this on Jan 1.

4. And you shouldn't water those pots to runoff at this stage..plants too small to absorb that much water

6. He's growing in coco. Always need to feed to runoff.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I’m using Mother Earth 70/30, and already tried not watering till runoff and saw signs of under watering. Since coco, even supersaturated with water after complete runoff, still has an oxygenating capacity of thirty -percent, they say go with the most recent occurrence as to your problem, that would be 2pm EST yesterday, when I watered with no nutrient to about 5-10 percent runoff. No problems till then.

8. If the disaster struck immediately after a change, I would have to suspect that. But the other things I said also apply. Those water droplets on your leaves can cause burns with lights on. If your humidity is climbing that high at lights off i would adopt a 24/0 light schedule or get a good dehumidifier.
    Here's a good place to learn about growing in coco. I don't agree with everything that they do but its a proven grow style and the author is even available for support through their forum.
    Cannabis Grow Guide - Coco For Cannabis - Science and Practice

• Like Like x 1
  9. here are the stats of the grow room. Constant temp between 75-78 with light on. 65 degrees at night. Humidity is 40-50. They are under a exlenvence 600 watt led grow light with 70 watts of veg light. I also have a canagrow 50 led cob 3500k grow lightbulb helping to give more natural light. The seeds are Fastbuds Orange Sherbert. This is my first grow in coco, but my sixth grow overall, with five of those grows occurring in 2020. Outside photoperiods, one indoor photoperiod, and two auto grows indoors. All in soil, promix BX or COM Stonington blend. After seeing this damage this morning, and the only deviation that occurred since I planted them, was yesterday, when I watered with no nutrients, I rewatered with nutrients. 568 PPM’s minus the 150 in the well water is 418.

10. Why did you start in large pots?
    Maintaining the proper moisture level for those small seedlings will be a challenge.
    Always best to start in smaller containers and transplanting..........that way you can feed daily to run off without issue.

These plants are 14 days from sprout and fed daily to run off for a comparsion.
    2 weeks C-99.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. because everyone is saying not to repot auto’s, start in the vessel they will finish in they say. Does anyone have experience with repotting up with auto’s like you do photoperiod plants? I’m at least going go 2 gallons next grow with autos.

Attached Files:

12. Stoner myth.......I'm not sure what idiot started it.
    Most auto growers transplant without issue.
    Even Mephisto recommends starting in smaller containers and transplanting.......and all they sell are autos.

So, are you better off with a couple days of slow growth due to transplanting?
    Or are you better off trying to maintain the proper moisture level in those large pots and possibly losing weeks of growth?
    Growth is always slower when starting in large pots.

Good luck to you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. thank you. I start germinating two gorilla girl xL auto’s this weekend and this will be my experiment in repotting auto’s. Much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1