Help with MH

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by supermiker, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Greetings folks,
    I just got my MH bulb in today and I screwed it in my fixture but it's not lighting up really it just glows a little. It's the same wattage as the HPS I was running so I don't understand what the problem is. Can anyone shed some light?

2. What kind of ballast?

Is the bulb brand new or used?

3. It's a brand new bulb, I just got it this morning. And I don't know what type of ballast it is, it's one of those ebay ones that's self contained.

4. You'll need to know more about the ballast. "Self-contained" tells us nothing relevant to this issue.

Is it the ballast that was running the HPS? What wattage? Digital? Some or all of this info probably is printed somewhere on the ballast.

5. Yeah, it's the same ballast as the HPS. Both bulbs are 150W so I don't see what the problem is. But I took it apart to get some pictures, hopefully that will help.

Attached Files:

6. How long did you let the MH run for? It usually takes up to 25 minutes before it really gets going. Let it stay on for a while. My MH just lightly glows and then kicks in about 15 mins later. The gasses have to build up.

7. 25 minutes? Well I guess I'll plug it in and smoke this joint i got and wait and see. Hopefully that's it then.

8. There should be a label on the light somewhere that tells you what the ratings are. If not, theres a sticker on the ballast. Most conventional HPS lights will not use a MH bulb. They do have dual rated digital fixtures but that doesnt appear to be one, idk. Check the label. :)

9. yeah what he said ,also what kind of bulb is it? is it a conversion bulb?:smoking: