Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with making a lightbulb vape?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NuggetNick, May 17, 2009.

1. Hey, I was following instructions on youtube that were posted by someone on the forums here...I am attempting to construct a vaporizer out of a lightbulb. However, there seems to be some wire stuck in the lightbulb that I can't seem to get out. Any way to get this out of there? Did I screw up at some point?

thx.

2. I use scissors, the take off the metal nib on top, shove them in to break the glass inside and shit, and then pull the wire out with scissors.

3. i shake it out after breaking the glass inside the bulb, be as gentle as possible, i wouldnt try to fuck around with the sissor inside the bulb once you break off what you need to, i got my hand a bit bloody from messing around too much. use salt when youre getting the white coating out, hopefully the wire will fall out too

4. What I do is take a screwdriver and shove it in the little glass part. Make sure you dont shove it in too far and break the glass part that you will later use as the actual vaporizer. Again, use dry salt to get the white coating in the inside of the lightbulb out.

5. I used small needle head pliers and just grabbed it and pulled it out. There might still be some glass at the top where you broke the glass rod so try moving the pliers around a bit to see if u can break that and it may help.

6. While we're on this topic, how safe are these? I made one a few weeks ago and smoked out of it, then I saw a bunch of posts on here saying that it's terrible for you.