HELP with humidity level

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by hood755, Oct 25, 2012.

1. hey guys, im running my set up with no plants just to see what the temp levels etc. are going to be. i have a fresh air coming in from outside and soon installing a 720 cfm fan to take air out of the room into my attic. what can i do to increase my humidity level? right now its 31% and 86 degrees F. also if cold air comes in at night or winter will it affect the plants? i wont have it blowing right on them either. thanks GC

2. Bumped!

I live in the SW U.S. and also have issues with humidity. Need to run ac to keep temps down so my levels are down in the low 20s...

3. I live in the SW too.. I add a medium bowl of water in the tent. Just keep it away from electrical cords etc. The heat from the hps helps evaporate the water. Raises it up a few percent. Before the bowl of water I was at 79f with 26% humidity, after was a bit over 30%. The plants look fine so it'll have to do.

4. [quote name='"Maxinthevalley"']I live in the SW too.. I add a medium bowl of water in the tent. Just keep it away from electrical cords etc. The heat from the hps helps evaporate the water. Raises it up a few percent. Before the bowl of water I was at 79f with 26% humidity, after was a bit over 30%. The plants look fine so it'll have to do.[/quote]

I'm using a spray bottle and I have a pan of water in front of my fans. Im using fluorescents currently so I'm just using an incandescent to heat the water a bit. So far my plants are looking good. I had some issues with overwatering but alls good now.

5. If you need to increase humidity the bowl of water always works but i found keeping a wet rag over the oscillating fan helped more.