Help with growroom setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by fndscrt, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Hi guys so ive been looking on this site and learning alot. I think I'm ready to give it a shot me and my bf have an area 4 foot wide by 8 foot long and about 8foot high (but can easily make a false wall or partition it off and lower ceiling height. I was wondering what is the bet setup or layout or whatever. The walls floor and ceiling will abll be covered with panda film and we have 3 250w mh/hps lights to work with. Also have a 4" inline fan and a carbon filter going in.

So what do you all think would be the best setup to do all this in? We have some seeds started now how many plants total would u guys go with and what layout? any help is appreciated

2. I would say no more then 12 total.
    I would make a 2.5x4 foot veg area and a 5.5x4 foot flower area.
    start 4 in veg, when you are about a week out from flower get 4 more going (clones) and then start veging those when you move the 4 to the flower area, when the other 4 area ready to flower (about 4 weeks later) then get 4 more veging.
    this would give you 4 plants to harvest each month after the first harvest.

Hope that helps!
    SignSmoker
    Michigan

3. Hmm diddnt think of it that way of breaking it up like that smart. Is it ok to do more than 1 kind at a time say 2 of one and 2 of the other or do they have different growth rates. Right now we only have afghani and the free seeds whatever they were. but could possibly want 4 diff types ya know for a good variation. and would you do 2 lights in one side and 1 ion theother or what and if so what side should have 2

4. 2 on the flower side, 1 on the veg side.

5. They will grow dif (each strain) but you may find a few that grow similer.
    Through LST and trimming the plants you can easly keep them about the same size with 4 plants to a group.
    2 lights in flower and the 1 light in veg, use HPS in flower and MH in veg.
    vent your flower tent to the veg tent and then vent that to the outside.
    (use a carbon filter if you need to remove the smell, which shouldnt be bad with that number of plants.

Any other questions just ask!
    SignSmoker
    Michigan