Help with gaming pc for fallout 4 with mods.

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Seajaycj, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Can this pc build handle playing fallout 4 with lots of mods?.

Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

ASRock Z170 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card

Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case

2. Yes,

Though I would get 16 GBs of Ram cause 8 GB is kinda of the norm now and your processor kinda sucks. I mean its about the same as an AMD FX 8350 and you save a hell of a lot of cash going with an AMD setup. If you going to get something more powerful than AMD than I am all for Intel but its pointless to pay out your ass for the same thing. I'd try and get an i7 if you can afford it otherwise go AMD. Also I really recommend a Noctua Heatsink, you might be able to get away with overclocking the Core i5-6600K beyond what an AMD could do with one.

Remember if you change from Intel to AMD that you need to change the motherboard as well, overall the specs you listed are decent. How much are you paying for it if you don't mind me asking?

3. 16 gig of ram would be better but it would run it anyway

4. It will run that game and then some.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Plenty of power. You can run any game with that setup so dont worry about what it can play.

• Like Like x 1

6. The skylake i5-6600 is not similar to the AMD chip you've posted, it is infact much better than what you have suggested it compares to. Either way, it is irrelevant for his gaming purposes and will not pose any issues. Clockspeed =/= how good a processor is.

7. as everyone has stated you need more ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum