Help with ferts please.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Numbness2005, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Hey GC,

I have had 15 liters of tap water sitting in a water container with the lid half off outside back door for a week now. It's been cool and well shaded.
    My question is is it ok to use now (obviously I'll check the ph and adjust accordingly)
    If it is possible to store water like this to allow the chlorine and what not die down how long can it be kept with the lid on in a cool place and could I premix like 25 liters of Nute water for the next few feeds.

It would save me so much time having to leave water standing and then ph balancing ferts etc
    Etc every time I feed them...

Thanks in advance hope some body can help.

2. Bump... Thanks

3. Hey dude, yea it should be fine..

The thing I would be worried about is leaving it open outside, won't tons of bugs and shit get in it?

Personally I pour my tap water and let it sit 24-48hrs with the top off to get rid of chlorine and it works fine. Sometimes I don't time it right and have to go straight from tap to the plant, which has never caused a disaster or anything.

I think you'll be fine, but if this is the way your always gonna store the water I suggest putting a cheesecloth or very fine screen over the opening so bugs can't get in.

Good luck.

4. #4 Numbness2005, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
    [quote name='"Sinister"']Hey dude, yea it should be fine..

The thing I would be worried about is leaving it open outside, won't tons of bugs and shit get in it?

Personally I pour my tap water and let it sit 24-48hrs with the top off to get rid of chlorine and it works fine. Sometimes I don't time it right and have to go straight from tap to the plant, which has never caused a disaster or anything.

I think you'll be fine, but if this is the way your always gonna store the water I suggest putting a cheesecloth or very fine screen over the opening so bugs can't get in.

Good luck.[/quote]

That's cool nothing can get in it it has a little tap/ lid thing on it which isnt big enough for bugs to get into really. Just left it ever so slightly open to let the chlorine go. So you think week old water will be fine then dude?

5. Hey numbness:
    I think it should be fine to use that water, I usually let it stand in the sunlight at least for a day, its easier to get rid of chlorine if there's sunlight. I agree with sinister. One concern besides bugs and dust and other flying debris, is that if it sits stagnant for too long, algae and/or mold can grow.