Help with electric bill

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ionic0420, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Can someone help me understand how they are charging me.

image-1431808385.jpg

2. Wish I could help. Electric bill always looks like a scam to me. I'll be waiting for someone to explain it to you

3. I wanna know how this works also.

4. whats the total haha

5. [quote name='"L NENO"']whats the total haha[/quote]

That one is 172. Which is really high for me but it's cause of our heaters we have had on.

6. The electric company charges you in tiers or levels of service. They take the average usage over a few years and give you that amount of kilowatt hours as a limit or "100%" level, tier 1. After that, everything you use above tier 1 is charged at a higher rate. Your tiers are 1=0.13, 2=0.15, 3=0.30, 4=0.34, etc. So what you're being charged for is the number of kilowatt hours x the price at that tier. Add it all up and throw in a few taxes and there's your whole bill.

I hope this helps. I'm a little baked so I may not make any sense, but at least it makes sense to me.

7. 172? High? Wow..I get dinged 300 a month for my house. Not even growing as of now.

8. I'm not growing either but I wanted to figure out how much it would cost in electricity so I pulled out my bill and found this confusing as system. And I wanna say 100 would be a high average normally so yea it's high for me.

9. Psssshhh last month befor my roommate took his lights outta here and moved out we di a 642 dollar bill lol. 172 is nuthin its nuthin its nuthin.

10. Well I know where I live it cost 35$ per month for 2 600w hps..

11. im in the same boat pretty much but bills will go down come spring

12. Electricity is a ripp off any way.. Like they make it in Canada but we still got to pay so much for it

13. [quote name='"dawill1967"']The electric company charges you in tiers or levels of service. They take the average usage over a few years and give you that amount of kilowatt hours as a limit or "100%" level, tier 1. After that, everything you use above tier 1 is charged at a higher rate. Your tiers are 1=0.13, 2=0.15, 3=0.30, 4=0.34, etc. So what you're being charged for is the number of kilowatt hours x the price at that tier. Add it all up and throw in a few taxes and there's your whole bill.

I hope this helps. I'm a little baked so I may not make any sense, but at least it makes sense to me.[/quote]

That makes sense. So where I live they charge solely on how many Kwh I used based on how many Kwh I have used in the past.

Are there places that do it any other way than this? Aren't there places that charge differently depending on what time it is?

14. some area's do have peek hours were the charge goes up but its usally during the day if you run your lights at night (like when people goto bed not before 8 i guess) you should avoid it mostly but it's really not much more during peak hours

15. My bill went from 50 to 100 and i only have a 250 watt hps running 12 hours a day. No heaters, no fans, no pumps.

16. Damn that's wack

17. WHOAA, you guys are getting screwed for electricity. Where I live we pay 10.6 cents in the summer and 6.2 cents in the winter no mater how much you use.

18. How did you not start 18/6 or 20/4 or straight 24hrs? How did you veg?

19. That's hard to swallow. It implies that you only use 250w per hour 50% of the time throughout the month as a house/apartment. That takes out any luxury like hot water, hot or cold food among many other things.