help with dwc bucket

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pmoney4sho, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Hey a couple weeks ago I started some seeds in rockwool in my humidity dome I was growing them till I saw roots growing through then was gonna put in hydroton in 3" net pots I accidently hand watered them with some water I had for my older plants that had nutes in them and burned them pretty bad so I went ahead and put them in the hydroton and began flushing them with distilled water...watering them 3 times a day for 30 minutes...I put them in my bubble bucket yesterday with just plain ph 5.5 water and already this morning they had multipe roots already growing into the water ...they are all looking pretty healthy now besides one that took it really bad my question is how long should Iwait before adding any nutes to the water I have fox farms grow big for my veg cycle ...sorry for rambling thanks for any help

2. You know ive been frequent reader of this site for the past 5 years and have never registered a account I just foudn what I needed to know and went from there now I have began a bubble bucket andneed help ive posted a couple questions and people look at my thread but apparently dont have the time to takw a minute of of their day to make a simple response its pretty aggrivating is this forum not here to help new growers..

3. Give it 3 or 4 days or so and then add a small amount of nutrients to your reservoir.

I always start at 1/4 strength and see how well they handle it. Increase the dosage as they mature.

-C

4. thank you very much im new to hydro I got 4 plants in a 18gallon rubbermaid with two air pumps dual outlets and 4 air stones the roots are growing really fast it seems like

5. once the roots hit and settle in the water it will take off. just watch your PH and nutes. as long as growth is steady and green you can wait a bit on nutes. when plants are pretty young they can live off of minerals from water. as long as its not distilled water, then you may need mild nutes young.

as the person said above start nutes off 1/4 of what the bottle says. better to start less than more. ;-)

once the roots really hit the water good you will be happy. just watch the key things...PH, nutes and change water about once a week or a lil more, but not much more.

hope this helps as im no expert or anything.

good luck