Help with deficiency.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kmpz, Aug 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. #1 kmpz, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    I recently noticed the leaves at the bottom of my plants turning yellow. I think its probably a magnesium deficiency so as a precaution I mixed up 20g of Epsom salt into a gallon of water PH down to 5.8 and fed them with it.
    Any recommendations? Many thanks I will include images below.

My setup is a 120x60cm growtent with all the bottom vents open. The utility room the tent is in is also vented to the outside so it draws in fresh air. I have two mars hydro 300w LED panels which together draw around 250w from the wall. My plants were started in coco pots using miracle grow root boost soil. They are now in the RootNurse 3.8L smart pots with biobizz all mix soil being fed biobizz grow nutrient. They have been very healthy up to this point. In the pictures the plant has about 8 tops and I just topped those 8 tops. They have previously been topped once too. I plan to move them from the 3.8l pots to 20l pots soon!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bump

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3. Bump

4. They are in larger pots now but still yellowing on lower leaves. My high nitrogen feed and Epsom salt doesn't seem to help. It now also looks like the tops are yellowing!
    [​IMG]

5. I would do a flush and lay off the nutes for a bit and watch the new growth, just use plain water for a few feelings then switch to 1/4 dose nutes and increase slowly till you see effects then back off a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. You shouldn't have to feed that soil for at least two weeks after transplant

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. #7 UK07HTC, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Sounds like a possible Nitrogen / Sulfur Deficiency - High N + Epsom Salts should solve this but
    Make sure to check your PH levels, If its too Acidic the nutrients will lock out.

8. Yeah I haven't fed them since they have been transplanted. Just been using plain water. I did feed them some water with Epsom salt in once though. I'll keep an eye on them but as it stands they don't seem any worse right now, infact they look a bit better. Next time I water I'll check the PH of the runoff. I've been PH adjusting all the water that they have been fed so it should be good.

• Like Like x 1