Help with concealing room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Chadsm23, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Hey all,

My room is soundproof, smell proof, and all around pretty solid, I am having a hard time when people coming over with the light from the grow room being seen underneath the door, I don't want to stick a blanket there because it messes with the ventilation a little bit...any material or fabric you guys can suggest would be very kick ass...Thanks in advance!

2. Build a light trap on the inside of the bottom door area, cardboard or lightweight wood can be used, its simply a box with alternating "baffles that restrict the strait lines needed for light to come through, just use the same principles used for a light proof computer fan for a grow box.

3. tape a door snake to one side of the door.

[​IMG]

Go smoke some buds and go to the fabric store and buy like two yards of some dank fabric and go to town haha.

4. The crack under the door is not sufficient ventilation, sad to tell you...

5. If light is leaking out then it also is leaking in, so your grow op isn't as "solid" as you think. Light leaking in could mess up your flower cycle and lead to hermies. And if you are relying on the crack under the door as part of your ventilation then you can't have good ventilation overall, plus I don't know how you are keeping it odor-free with air gaps like that.

You need to seal off that door from light and air, period. Weather stripping could work well for both, or hang a blanket/curtain on the inside of the door that overlaps on all sides.

6. had the same issue. i'm using an extra bedroom, and everything is in the closet. the closet leaks light that gets to the bedroom door frame. So we put dark sheets over the door to the closet. double layered navy blue. Now when walking into the room, it looks so dark, you need a light on to see anything!! haha good luck be safe