Help With Cloning

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by doniboy, Jun 9, 2013.

1. #1 doniboy, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
    So I'm about to take clones for the first time, and it seems like a very straightforward process. Here are the steps I plan on taking.
    • Soak the rockwool in PH'd water for a while with a couple drops of superthrive (can't hurt).
    • Take a clone from newer growth, make a 90 degree cut in the stem, scrap the the bottom of the stem a little (or split the bottom of the stem some) to provide more of a surface area for roots to grow, cut the big fan leaves in half, and remove any excess foliage that's near the bottom of the stem.<ul class="bbc"><li>* If taking more than one clone at a time, keep them stored in plain water.
    </li>[*]Dip in rooting gel, place in wrung out rockwool (without the gel being scrapped off), place in a humidity dome (with heat mat) with the vents slightly opened, and place under 24/7 floral.[*]A couple of times a day for 2 or so weeks until the clones root, take the dome off for a 10-30 mins or so and spritz with plain water.</ul>While researching cloning methods, one thing that came up over and over again was that mold started to appear. Has anyone else been able to successfully clone using the same supplies that I have without mold almost ever being an issue?

Also, am I missing any important steps?

2. Seriously dude, MJ wants to root. It has to be really f'd up to not work. All I do is, squeeze and lemon in about 2 gal of water and drop my cubes in, cut the tops I want with a pair of dull scissors that I have been using for 5 years, dip in clonex and stick in a cube in a humidity dome. Roots in 7 days, ready to go in about 10. Just make sure to cut about 1/4" below a node and you're golden (so a node is covered in cloning hormone and buried in the cube).