Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with anxiety/weed related

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smokinbuyer, Jul 26, 2012.

1. #1 smokinbuyer, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
    Alright so some backround, i have been smoking for a long time, i'd say like 6 years. I used to love weed so much and would be as high as i could be as often as i could be. I used to go in public 24/7 or the mall and not give a fuck that i was stoned as shit. I'd do whatever i wanted all the time and felt great.

However, over the past maybe 4 months every high i would get was spent in a horrible bad high. I don't know what had caused my loved herb to do this to me. The high would include, shortness of breath, mad cottonmouth , bad thoughts... basicly a bad high. I also would have the fear of throwing up or greening out some may call it. I did not figure out until later that i thing i have emetaphobia or just anxiety. But anyhows i continued smoking because i would always feel better when i started to come down. After a while i stopped getting as high as i used to and i just got more of a buzz/normal high. I for some reason would still get these "anxiety symptoms" and i'm not sure why, but it made weed almost unenjoyable

Now, today, i had been on a T break for a month and 7 days i would say. I took the T-break to see if i could lower my tolerance and maybe be able to enjoy weed again. I smoked last night and i only smoked half a joint. I felt kind of nice at first but then i started to freak out as usual or have a bad high. I smoked 2 more times after, during today, and i have had less of this anxiety. which leads me to believe i'm getting better.

But what i need to know is what caused this and or what it is. Basicly my symptoms would be me constantly worrying i would be able to throw up or green out. I sometimes wouldnt eat because i was worried of over-eating and throwing up. I never felt this way before in my smoking career. Although something that could have caused this is some of my friends have greened out in front of me or i've heard stories of people greening out and throwing up all over the place. So it has never happened to me so i didnt worry about it to much, but i think that the idea of that disturbing images got inplanted subconsciously and now everytime i hear something that may make me feel sick, i start to feel a little sick. Just a thought even would zip through my head and make me feel bad. I have been trying to cure this, but i need some help. I also now worry about greening out almost every time i smoke, when in reality i have never greened out before ever and i would smoke multiple g's in a session, yet i worry about like .5 or 1g

Also now for some reason i feel "sick" in public places or i have anxiety when im around people, its very weird for that to happen to me. Well, thanks for reading if you did and comment if you can suggest something

2. Maybe smoking herb is just not for you anymore. Did you feel this anxiety when you were taking a break?

3. i also suffer from anxiety and paranoia when im not high i get really nervous At EVERYTHING, my hands start sweating ill stress out over stuiped stuff normal people dont worry about. then when i smoke weed i just relax and try to clear my mind of all bad thoughts stress ect try this for yourself dont think about greening out or throwing up or having a bad high this can lead to you being paranoid and giving urself a bad high , i hope you figure something out that helps you fellow blade.

4. Yeah not to sound cocky but I've never greened out and when I witness someone green out it doesn't seem like something to have a subconscious fear of all the time. Idk man stay calm realize you're wasting time worrying and the human body/mind is capable of healing itself overtime, you need to make a mental change and be strong, ground yourself with what you know not with what could be

5. I dont know man, i want the herb to be for me lol its amazing, and yes i did start feeling the anxiety during my break, and i forgot to add i started getting anxiety when sober because of me starting to get it while high. For some reason i always think of getting 'really high' as a bad thing and a thing that can cause a greenout when i know thats not possible lol

6. I've had periods of time where I've suffered "bad highs" like you describe. I stopped smoking for a few weeks and when I started blazing again I got the nice highs back. I interpret "bad highs" as my subconscious telling me to take a break or slow down. Not only does a few weeks of soberness lower your tolerance but it also gives you time to sort out any issues in your life and get things back on track which makes you feel much better about yourself therefore allowing you to enjoy your highs again.

7. The first time I greened out I felt alot Better after I puked so if u do end up puking hopefully it will make u feel better

8. Courage is the destroyer of anxiety

And sometimes, you have to pull that shit out from deep inside of you

9. Greening out is nothing to worry about it's not like being sick from alchohol all that happens is that you get pretty scared for a second throw up then, lay down and sleep and wake up baked but controllably baked and then your fine to eat food infact when i woke up after greening out i had some serious munchies. Oh and also anxiety is probably normal after smoking so much for so long either smoke less from now on or take tolerance breaks every now and then.

10. Don't give up, i was in the same boat a few months ago when i was withdrawing from paxil, it gave me really nasty withdrawal symptoms and crazy anxiety. Just keep at it everysingle day but just do like a puff or two so that it doesn't freak you out. When you feel comfortable just up the dose like take another puff. Also go to the store and buy some fish oil or krill oil. Take those everyday like it says on the bottle, this will help.

*Notes:
    1) Every batch of weed is different so you're going to have to experiment with how much to smoke everytime.
    2) It may take some months but you'll get there.

11. Thanks for the advice, i am going to attempt taking only a few hits and upping it slowly, which is painful for me lol because i used to just smoke a blunt or a bowl or w\e... Although i am pretty sure i have gotten chronic anxiety now. Thats what i think i could describe it as. It has fortunately been getting much better over the last few weeks as i have been trying to train my mind. I am still in the recovery process but i appreciate the tips and advice

12. Well for me the only time that happened to me is when i first started smoking. I used to get super para. Now i don't give a fuck. Honestly if i was you i would try to find some indica. Have u been smoking the same type of bud this whole time? It might be that the sativa is too strong for you. I used to get that feeling a lot when i smoked t he sativa.

IF that doesn't work i would try different methods of getting high. An edible. Maybe try vaping and hash. I am thinking that its probably the weed that you are smoking. If none of these things work maybe you should just quit.

13. I'm not in a medical state so i do not have access to different types of bud and i smoke different bud all the time whenever i pick up, its always different. Although, i have every single method of consuming available to me, i have a Extreme Q vape, a 6 chamber bubbler, Joints, Blunts, Bowl. I would prefer to not quit since i still have much love for the herb. As i said before all my anxiety/bad highs comes from the fear of greening out or throwing up. I think i am Emetophobic ( Intense fear of throwing up)

14. some people just cant handle the herb no more man. happened to my best bud. from the beginning he would always have panic attacks. but eventually he was able to handle it and loved getting high. YEARS passed by and after he had a severe panic attack on something else that happened he couldn't smoke no more because every time he would smoke I guess he would think about his severe panic attack and just go right back into that panic attack.
    I guess think about it like this,

herb=think
    think=you thinking about throwing up
    you thinking about throwing up=panic attack
    so,
    herb=panic attack.

the best advice I can give you really is to try and meditate immedietly after toking. if that doesn't work, the herb just might not be for you no more man.
    the point of meditation is to put all your energy into NOT thinking at all. just focus on your breathing in/out.
    whenever you think something just throw it away and go right back to focusing on your breathing
    so your not thinking negatively or positively, your just breathing.
    do that for 10-30 minutes right after toking and you should feel a lot more relaxed and able to do whatever you wanted to do