Help with 13 day old plants

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BrazyJay, Aug 31, 2006.

1. these are 13 days from sprouts.... they are very little... also btw my soil is about 50/50 perlite/potting soil (just plain soil nothing added)... i havent ferted... i think i overwatered in the beginning but why is it just now showing up (caught the overwatering within the first couple days) ive never grown indoors really just out... anyone know whats wrong?

Attached Files:

2. when your seedlings are new you can water them with a mister at the base of the stem, they are sooooo tiny they use very little water. the less water the more the roots grow searching for water
    it takes a while for the damage to show because the roots were damaged (suffocated) and cant take in the required nutrients it needs

little heavy on the perilite, use more soil in the mix when you transplant

3. Yeah, you need more soil in that mix, I've found too much vermiculite can encourage males because it can become alkaline

4. yea when i transplant im doing 60% soil/30% perlite/10% organic humus&manure... sound fine? and yea i truly think it was the overwatering and a little heat stress maybe we had very hot days here (close to 100 F for a week) my temps were high 80s, maybe 92 F max