Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with “poppers”

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dukegreen, May 6, 2018.

1. #1 Dukegreen, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
    *Before I start I need to mention I smoke my herb with tobacco, not because I choose to anymore but because i’m addicted to the head rush and it’s taken over, it’s the only enjoyable way to smoke and I’m trying very hard to change that*
    I used to be hard on poppers, where you stuff a ripped off piece of cig into a metal tube that usually comes with a screw on bowl piece and stamp two or three times with weed. You put it in a bong roast until you reach the tobacco then pull super hard and all the nicotine smoke goes right to your head giving you an instant head rush like you just started smoking.
    They’re terrible for you, so I recently switched to the bowl version so it’d be easier on me and I could wein myself off. Now with every bong rip I take I end up swallowing the smoke and going into a vicious cycle of trying to burp but everything’s caught. I also constantly spit 24/7 and half the time it’s got black strands throughout or is completely black. I know this means of smoking is affecting my mental health as well as my physical health. Weight loss, motivation loss, appetite loss, spitting constantly, I can’t even list all the problems I have now because of these.
    Because of the fact this is apparently a regional fad, there’s not much information, and I want to become healthy and I need help but I’m not sure where to turn, I feel like I’m destroying my body.

2. Poppers also made me cough up black sh*t on a consistent basis. For that reason and the fact that it destroyed my endurance while playing sports, I quit em. They're really tough to stop though, The headrush is so satisfying.

When it comes to you swallowing smoke, I'd say give it a bit of time to get used to hitting bowls instead of packing it in a tube. Might go away once you get used to it.

3. At least smoke it through a bong. Preferably with an Ash catcher attachment. The tobacco and cannabis combo is so sticky and resinous that it is coating your esophagus and causing this persistent issue.
    At least when you smoke through a bong the water filters much of the nastiest bits. Poppers will always cause this issue and filtration is the only fix.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've been on this loop

and loop it is too

we call them spliffs and very typical of the brits and french from back in their empire days

quit smoking tablets you get from the doc makes it a breeze

swallow the side effects with weed

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  5. Used to love these, very addicting way to smoke, definitely better just with bongs, doesn’t effect my breathing at all that I know of, thankfully

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. all that morrocan hash

that the only way to smoke is in a ciggy

dam difficult otherwize ...lol

7. Man, it’s starting to happen now with tubes and with bowls so now no matter what after every rip I end up needing to force myself to burp and continue spitting. Im really going to try quitting them.

8. Thank you guys all so much for being so supportive, I was nervous I’d get backlash because I know how looked down upon it is.

9. I’ll look into those quit smoking tablets, maybe I’ll be able to kick the nicotine addiction!
    Also it’s so weird how many names there are for these weird little concoctions,
    Here we call them poppers or pops in my neighbourhood, but a town over they call them yetis which I know as a pop with coke on top. Spliffs here and in america are joints mixed with “clip”(tobacco)

10. Spliffs here and in america are joints mixed with “clip”(tobacco) ..same here

my anti smoking tabs were Zyban

that just made me frorget to smoke ...lol

true