Help Will they survive the drought?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by get5007, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Okay I have to leave tomorrow for thanksgiving break and I will not be back till next sunday. I will be gone for 7 days. My plants are on day 17 (I have 2) and one is about an inch and the other about 1.5 inches above the soil. I am growing indoors and water them every few days. I just watered them now and I plan on watering them a tiny bit more tomorrow before I leave. The light is on a timer so the light is not a concern. Will they survive the 7 days without water??? Or should I just bring them home (which would disturb the light cycle)?

2. More than likely they will not survive without watering for 7 days. Better to mess with the light cycle than feeding cycle. So transport them very carefully if you have to.

Sounds like a dorm room grow. My 2 cents. Bad idea from the start.

Also, by day 17 they should be much taller. I would investigate your whole setup if I were you.

3. Well I already grew one and it took about 80 days. The lowryders say 60 but it takes in the 70's to 80's. Even people I talk to say that. But yeah I know Im getting a bigger pot for them and adjsuting somethings after break.

4. I agree those young plants probably won't survive 7 days without watering.

It's probably too late now to set it up, but you could place a reservoir of water (cup, bucket, whatever size is needed) higher than the plants and then cut an old t-shirt into strips, place one end of the strips into the water reservoir and the other end on the soil for the plants. This will create a wicking siphon that will draw water continually to the plant. Not a good idea at all for ongoing growing but better than letting a plant die in a pinch like this. Problem is, such a system needs some testing to make sure you are delivering a proper amount of water to the plant -- you could drown it just as easily over the 7 days. You have to experiment with the thickness of the cloth material to get the amount of water delivery right, which can take a couple of days of trial and error.

G'luck.

5. Right now I am testing a trickle system. I poked a tiny hole in the bottom of a plastic cup and right now I have it suspended above a cup to measure the amount of water it is dropping and it is good right now. It is slow enough that I don't think it would drown at all. I just have to devise a way to suspend it above the plants.