Help! Whats wrong with my plants!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HerbCavin, Jan 20, 2012.

1. #1 HerbCavin, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
    I am a new grower have done GREAT until now! I am lost as to why my plants are cringing and crumbling turning different colors!!
    [​IMG]
    I do NOT have a PH tester I assume I should get one asap. Might help yeah?
    ANY advise please.
    I have no idea what it is I used garden lime on it to try to save it I thought maybe a calcium issue guess not.. Idk
    I water when soil on top is dry
    I do not give it the miracle grow fertilizer but like every 3-4 days.. if..
    they WERE doing fine but now since I started budding them (been 3 weeks 4 days) and the budding has began the hairs are turning brown from tip down or bottom to tip on the buds but then again some are white?? lol
    I am not sure if they are getting burned or whats going on im completely lost
    (I also used the petrolium pesticide ONE time during budding cause bugs were eating my plants I havent used it since but no more bugs so!)
    anything!
    [​IMG]
    Picture of the bud on top see the white ones and the red?? isnt it to early for this
    [​IMG]

2. Everything you listed could be causing the issue. MG is a no no, along with the petroleum based pesticide you used. I would lay off the MG and try and flush your soil with plenty of water. Hair arn't the issue, watch for the trichs, when they turn amber you can harvest.

3. #3 Minggut, Jan 20, 2012
    Hey man. It looks like you've got nute burn, a high concentration of nutrients in the soil is causing leaves to get a bit sad if you will.

Don't fret, just give it a flush (add an amount of water three times that of the plant pot capacity) and try not to commence too much feeding.

You're budding at the moment, so your fan leaves (lower ones) sometimes will suffer a bit, and may even go yellow due to the plant using nutrients differently in this stage of life. Potentially your buds may yet still grow larger and longer, check the forum for info.

Use the search function for some tips on 'nute burn', 'flushing' and read up on how the plant acts during the flowering stage. Don't get yourself down, you're doing fine.

EDIT: are you growing Big Bang...? I am.

4. Thank you very much that is what I had thought! I just didnt know for sure didnt want to jepordize it anymore! <3

5. Ty as well

6. So since its nutrience burned how do I feed it now? After flushing it.
    Do I not feed it anymore? Leave it? Just water it? What? :x

7. Plain water for at least a week

8. Well dude, at this point (from what I've read at least) your plant is going into a different stage of its life cycle, so changes are bound to come up.

Flushing it with water should ease the problem, if it is nute burn, so feeding should be left off until the symptoms slow down and stop. I'm afraid the damage is done already to your leaves, so what I suggest is once symptoms cease maybe feed again at a decreased amount to what you have done already.

Be a little cautious, flush and quit feeding for a while, and if you're confident that the plant has used what nutrients it already has in its system and could potentially use more, feed it a small amount. If it starts burning again, flush and then stand by.

9. ok ty

10. Hope it fixes itself, hope it smokes well, hope this helps. Hang in there.

+rep for you for doing a good job so far.

11. #11 chimera2, Jan 20, 2012
    What is your npk on your ferts, for flowering plant you want someyhing with an npk ratio of 5-10-10, I'd ditch the MG, its not the best of nutes for MJ, if you want an east ro use one part nute you can get GH's floranova, it kickes ass as far as I'm concerned, also if you get the floranova, I'd also recommend floralicious as well, it a bloom/bud enhancer that makes your buds bigger and better tasting. Or you can go with foxfarm as well. What type of soil are your using?

For pest use neem oil! Also, in your spare time checkout other soil growers journals, it will help you in the future to avoid the prob your currently are experiencing. I'd start with drhell2pay's journal.

12. #12 Minggut, Jan 20, 2012
    Hey chimera, do you know of a good flowering stage nute solely for increasing yield available in the UK?

I have to be careful though, I've had slight nute burn already from the time release MG soil I'm using. Nothing noticeable thankfully, and I'm not going to feed until mid to late February so that the time release shit gets used up before I add anything else.

13. Is it okay to cut off the dead fan leaves on the bottom? that wont hurt it all to bad will it? I flushed them out and to be honest they already look much better and I rinsed them with my spray faucet in the sink gently so the petrolium residue would come off.
    I just want to know is it okay for me to prune the extremely dried and competely curled fan leaves off. maybe even a few up higher so the lower buds get light?

14. Only remove leaves that are dead, if more than half the leaf is alive then the plant needs it! What type of lighting are you using, you can always add light to the side of plant to get more light to buds. I order all my nutes online and I don't know what is availabe in the UK but I would assume the above mentioned GH products are available in the UK, the floralicious is a bud enhancer.